Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to remove black marks that came from dryer

Highstrung

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 2:49 pm
I don’t know what to do. I just washed 4 sets of brand new bed linen and most of it came out with what looks like black melted on sticky type of streaks and stains.
This has happened to me in the past , especially when washing linens with microfiber.
Anyway, I think I found the culprit. It looks like the grille inside the dryer has like burnt on black stuff that almost looks like burnt grease. Apparently after my Google search it can be build up from dryer sheets.
So now , how on earth can I get the stains out of the linen. It’s literally brand new never used yet and hundreds of dollars worth .

cookier

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 3:03 pm
Dish soap will usually take these out. If there’s some black left, you can try Oxiclean and dish soap mixed into a paste.

Highstrung

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 11:10 am
cookier wrote:
Dish soap will usually take these out. If there’s some black left, you can try Oxiclean and dish soap mixed into a paste.

Thanks for this tip. It definitely helped a lot .
I didn’t wash it again yet , but scrubbed it with Oxi clean max force and dawn dish soap.
I think I may need one more product that could get the deeper grey streaks out . Any other ideas in addition to the above ?

seafood

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 11:26 am
Highstrung wrote:
I didn’t wash it again yet , but scrubbed it with Oxi clean max force and dawn dish soap.
I think I may need one more product that could get the deeper grey streaks out . Any other ideas in addition to the above ?

I would soak with nature bright and a little lest oil. That has gotten out the toughest stains for me.

cookier

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 1:37 pm
Highstrung wrote:

Are the deeper streaks what’s left behind after you got most of it off or are they something different? Could you upload a photo?

What’s the fabric content of the linens? Are the stains on a patterned or printed part? I don't want to recommend something that would eat through or bleach the fabric.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry