Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Until what age is your baby in stretchies
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 5:48 pm
I have late walkers (15-18 months) I find stretchies to be Babyish past a year. I certainly stop them before they walk

SwissAlps

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 6:09 pm
I do stretchies until 2-3 months. I find the kind with the snaps in the back impractical and all the other kinds often look like pajamas to me. I find pants and bodysuits easier and cuter once they are more awake and alert.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 6:30 pm
My 15 month old is still in stretchie for PJs. For daytime until he started taking steps and it was hard for him to walk. He also had regular clothing though. I find they stretchies are neat and easier to hold the kid without anything riding up (I do not like the look of body suits and leggings)

erm

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:15 am
once they start crawling, the feet get tangled and the knees get ruined

amother
Molasses

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 8:01 am
It depends what look you like and how big the kid is.

If you like babying your babies keep them in stretchies.

Some ppl like 2 pieces for changing pampers - no snaps/buttons
Some feel stretchies are neater

If you like the look of shorts have that in mind while you shop but also keep in mind that there are rainy days where they can’t be naked… so have one or two longs.

As far as what I did, my older ones had 2 pieces very early, my youngest had stretchies till she walked as I was trying to hold onto her baby stage… tbh I regretted not having the other ones in stretchies longer I felt like she looked neater and was easier to cuddle in a stretchie. She did wear shorts and bubbles in the summer and I went back to stretchies after.

On a side note, have in mind that for really young babies there is very little time that they can wear real shorts (tops 3 month) so have that in mind when you shop.

Hatzlacha and enjoy every second of babyhood!!

tryinghard

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 8:31 am
I love stretchies! My 13 month old is still wearing them all the time. I don't really get why people feel it would interfere with walking. I stop using stretchies during the day when we start with shoes (although I would still put on a footless stretchie). And my kids love sleepers, wear them until 5 or 6 years old!

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 10:28 am
Strechies are my favorite!

My babies wear them until no stores have any that fit. I legit know which company 18 months runs biggest. Lol.

They look so cute and cozy in them.

Obviously they only wear them at home and for pjs once they hit a certain age. But they are the best.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 10:37 am
amother Molasses wrote:
It depends what look you like and how big the kid is.

If you like babying your babies keep them in stretchies.

Some ppl like 2 pieces for changing pampers - no snaps/buttons
Some feel stretchies are neater

If you like the look of shorts have that in mind while you shop but also keep in mind that there are rainy days where they can’t be naked… so hOn a side note, have in mind that for really young babies there is very little time that they can wear real shorts (tops 3 month) so have that in mind when you shop.

Hatzlacha and enjoy every second of babyhood!!

Do you mean rompers when you say shorts? (Shorts usually mean short pants )

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 10:45 am
I bought only velour one for the winter when my baby turned one and he wears it almost every night. It’s so cuddly and cute. He is small and in the largest size I can see most babies outgrowing it by a year.

cookier

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 11:05 am
I consider them daywear from 0-4/5 months, maybe until 6 months on Shabbos. By that point I’m doing onesies and pants/shorts, or bubbles.

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 11:06 am
Until Bar/Bas Mitzvah

amother
Freesia

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 11:07 am
Smile

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 11:20 am
I'm thinking my sister had my nephew in leggings and top, vs. stretchies, when he started moving (crawling, etc...) because once they are on the go, they get their foot out of the leg area of the stretchy. They need pants so they can move.

pause

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 1:17 pm
4-6 months. Once they're crawling and pulling themselves up, they need the friction on the bottom of their feet. Also, pants are easier to replace when they tear at the knees.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 1:20 pm
[quote="tryinghard"]I love stretchies! My 13 month old is still wearing them all the time. I don't really get why people feel it would interfere with walking. I stop using stretchies during the day when we start with shoes (although I would still put on a footless stretchie). And my kids love sleepers, wear them until 5 or 6 years old![/quote
It’s good for their legs /feet to be exposed when crawling etc for sensory reasons/feedback to the body. Also not good grip

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 1:22 pm
6 months to a year, depending on the season. In the summer even for a young baby I like to have a mix. In the winter stretches are very cozy.

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 1:29 pm
It’s not good for the babies to wear them after a certain point. They need grip on their feet to walk and stand.

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 1:50 pm
My baby is now just about 2 months old, and outgrowing the 3 months size.
I did buy , bh and was gifted a lot of 6 month stretchies too and I bought a few 9 months rompers- bubbles for summer. And will put on stretchies at night,
So I guess until 5-6 months old.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:38 pm
For winter, until at least a year.
I'm referring to the dressy ones, I find it so much cuter and neater than two pieces on babies.
My 18 month old wears for the night and has nice ones for Friday night still as well.

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:40 pm
pause wrote:
4-6 months. Once they're crawling and pulling themselves up, they need the friction on the bottom of their feet. Also, pants are easier to replace when they tear at the knees.

Ur kids are crawling/pulling up that early??
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics