Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Doula and hypnobirthing recs, and when to book them?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 11:54 am
I heard of the following doulas from friends/this website. But all the threads I read seem to be older. What are their personalities like? Techniques used? How involved are they? Do they include your husband? Do any of them speak Hebrew? I am leaning towards a birthing center/home birth and want a more natural minded doula. I had an epidural with my first but really want to a more natural route and to avoid what I went through. I want someone encouraging and who will help me iyh.

Chaya Bruk
Shoshie Ashlag
Meryl Leah Albukerk
Ringel SILs
Miriam Wasserlauf

Also, any hypnobirthing recommendations? I heard of Esther Handler from this website. Whats she like?

When is the best time to book these courses/doulas? Around how much should I expect to spend on/how much do they charge?

Thanks!

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 11:59 am
Chaylie Grossman is fabulous too. I used her based on recommendation from on here. She's familiar with hypnobirthing too. I book my doula the day I get my official due date.

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 12:11 pm
Shaindy Spector is a very natural minded doula. She's terrific! Her number is 718.258.4355

I don't know if she speaks Hebrew. Definitely English and Yiddish. She also very much so involves your husband. She goes above and beyond!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 1:17 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
Shaindy Spector is a very natural minded doula. She's terrific! Her number is 718.258.4355

I don't know if she speaks Hebrew. Definitely English and Yiddish. She also very much so involves your husband. She goes above and beyond!

Thanks! I heard of her too.
Did she do alot of massaging for you? Around how much did she charge?
Is she older?

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 1:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is she older?

There's alot of negative feedback on Shaindy. I would never go near her. For one, she doesn't let you take an epidural. I know somebody very personally who only uses Shaindy so I know alot about her.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 2:02 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
There's alot of negative feedback on Shaindy. I would never go near her. For one, she doesn't let you take an epidural. I know somebody very personally who only uses Shaindy so I know alot about her.

Hmm ok.
Your relative is happy with her?
Ill wait to hear about the other doulas I mentioned in my OP

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 3:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hmm ok.
Your relative is happy with her?
Ill wait to hear about the other doulas I mentioned in my OP

I happened to use both Ringels and Chaylie in the past. Chaylie is so much more hands on than both Ringels. The Ringels are great both of them, but Chaylie actaully works like physically works with you. She'll massage, help with positions and more. Before the birth she's very involved in getting the baby into a good position, comes down to your house to help with exercises all for no extra charge.
I asked her about hypnobirthing and she really encouraged me to take the course. I took through Kramer. She helped me during labor with the hypnobirthing. Didn't do much for me though.

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 4:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
Is she older?

She's middle aged. Does massaging as wanted. By my first I didn't really want, and she only did as requested. By my 2nd I did want and her massages were so soothing!

I paid $1,000 almost a year ago.
She definitely DOES let epidural as I've spoken to her about that. I CHOSE both times not to have one and she encouraged that.

She will also come to the house if requested before birth, but I didn't feel I needed that. She helped me both times with the position of my babies, and made sure everything was good!

I felt so taken care of, there's no way I could do a birth without her!

She advocates for you in the hospital to the point where no one else matters!! She makes sure you get what you want!

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 4:32 pm
amother Salmon wrote:

OP specifically mentioned she wants to go natural. She definitely shouldn't take a doula that will encourage an epidural if she wants to try and avoid that.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 7:01 pm
I never used shaindy but 2 of my friends did and were very happy.
One of my friends hired her once she was already 24 hours n active Labor and she was sure she would need a C-section but she helped her with exercise and she had a baby naturally.
I used handler for hypnobirthing and she is absolutely amazing

amother
Springgreen

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 7:10 pm
I used Miriam in the past- she’s AMAZING!!! Won’t ever tell you what to do and is supportive of what you want.
I book my doulas as soon as I can. They can’t take unlimited clients per month and the good ones fill up fast.

amother
Grape

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 7:49 pm
Hi! I’m a doula, and I speak Hebrew. I’d love to talk, to see if this would work for both of us!
I’m very much there for YOU as you need it. I love homebirths, and am very familiar with hypnobirthing 🤍

If you’d like to talk, please feel free to send me an email at bsdsarah@gmail.com

In regards to hypnobirthing, I’ve been to Sara Kramer, and had a beautiful experience.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 11:23 am
Thanks so much!
Anyone have insight about the other doulas I mentioned in my OP?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 11:24 am
amother Grape wrote:
Hi! I’m a doula, and I speak Hebrew. I’d love to talk, to see if this would work for both of us!
I’m very much there for YOU as you need it. I love homebirths, and am very familiar with hypnobirthing 🤍

If you’d like to talk, please feel free to send me an email at bsdsarah@gmail.com

In regards to hypnobirthing, I’ve been to Sara Kramer, and had a beautiful experience.

Thanks! Will reach out iyh

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 11:40 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks so much!
Anyone have insight about the other doulas I mentioned in my OP?

Miriam wasserlauf is so kind and rlly nice. I don’t know her personally, but she’s been so kind and helpful on the phone.

What I personally always tell ppl is- see if you connect. See if you click. Make a phone call, ask questions, and see how you feel.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 3:41 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
I never used shaindy but 2 of my friends did and were very happy.
One of my friends hired her once she was already 24 hours n active Labor and she was sure she would need a C-section but she helped her with exercise and she had a baby naturally.
I used handler for hypnobirthing and she is absolutely amazing

I wonder if this is someone I know. I don't remember the name of the doula, but she was extremely happy with her and highly recommends.
Was this pretty recently, a first baby, had a diff doula first but had to leave when labor was taking very long so she came?

amother
Hosta

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 4:37 pm
Meryl Albukerk is excellent. She is everything you mentioned in your post. Very natural minded, supportive, caring and really gives her whole heart. Her num is 646 345 7689
Sara kramer is great for hypnobirthing

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 5:15 pm
amother Salmon wrote:

Let??? That’s a strong word for a grown woman who wants to be empowered during her labor to do what she needs. No one lets a laboring woman do anything. She chooses what she needs.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 7:33 pm
amother Peony wrote:
Let??? That’s a strong word for a grown woman who wants to be empowered during her labor to do what she needs. No one lets a laboring woman do anything. She chooses what she needs.

Agreed 100%
Shaindy is not pro epidurals and won't push you for one but before my births I am open with her that if I want one I might get one. Bh with her amazing encouragement and support I was able to do it without one. She is top of the line amazing. I call her my insurance policy, as I hire her for the just in case scenarios. Ch'v if anything goes wrong her experience is unbeatable. She has great positions that would help if necessary and she advocates for you like her life depends on it.
I would really recommend her.
I did Handler hypnobirthing for my first and Kramer for a refresher via zoom, Handler is definitely way better.
Re birthing center, sounds like your located in brooklyn. There aren't really too many options here. From my extensive research right now BBC is not really the grandest place. I'm stuck between a rock & hard place as I do want as natural a birth as possible.

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 7:49 pm
amother Salmon wrote:
I happened to use both Ringels and Chaylie in the past. Chaylie is so much more hands on than both Ringels. The Ringels are great both of them, but Chaylie actaully works like physically works with you. She'll massage, help with positions and more. Before the birth she's very involved in getting the baby into a good position, comes down to your house to help with exercises all for no extra charge.
I asked her about hypnobirthing and she really encouraged me to take the course. I took through Kramer. She helped me during labor with the hypnobirthing. Didn't do much for me though.

Shaindy literally does the same things though? Why r u hating on her? I had 3 amazing g experiences with her, as have many of my friends and relatives. You don't have to use her, but don't spread hate.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries