Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Child Missing Bus Home
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 1:53 pm
Any suggestions how to handle a primary child missing the bus home too many times.

mha3484

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 1:55 pm
What are they doing at school that is preventing them from getting on. I think you need to talk to the teacher to brainstorm.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 1:56 pm
Omg five year old children need to be guided by an adult from when class is dismissed until every child is on the correct bus. What is happening there?

GLUE

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 1:57 pm
Call the school and ask them why your kid is missing the bus. At that age there should be no reason why your kid is not on the bus.

What is the school doing to ensure that every primary kid is accounted for? How is your kid missing the bus? At that age the kids are usually supervised by someone at bus time.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:00 pm
They feel the child is intentionally missing the bus. They are dismissed and go to the bus on their own.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:02 pm
What does the child say is the problem?

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
They feel the child is intentionally missing the bus. They are dismissed and go to the bus on their own.

That’s absolutely insane. I would raise hell or change schools. A five year old cannot and should not be expected to make their way from the classroom to the bus on their own. That time in school is chaotic and an adult needs to be responsible for this age child at all times. This is not ok.

SweetMouse

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:06 pm
Is this a new issue or has it been happening since the beginning of the year?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:08 pm
SweetMouse wrote:
Is this a new issue or has it been happening since the beginning of the year?

missing the bus is a new issue, however, there have been some changes.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:10 pm
amother Beige wrote:
What does the child say is the problem?

Claims that was busy with the teacher and homework. I don't trust that that is really what happened either.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
Claims that was busy with the teacher and homework. I don't trust that that is really what happened either.

Hold on how old is this child??

GLUE

Is there something going on in the bus that he is uncomfortable about?

Last edited by GLUE on Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

amother Blush wrote:
Hold on how old is this child??

SweetMouse

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
missing the bus is a new issue, however, there have been some changes.

Can you specify the changes?

Also, is your child upset that they missed the bus, don't mind, or are happy about it?

How common is it for primary students in this school to miss the bus?

Finally, does your child have other challenges getting from place to place or is this an isolated problem?

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:12 pm
Try giving child a prize if he makes the bus.

Buy a special nosh.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:13 pm
Ask son if anyone is bothering him on the bus.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
So the kids don’t line up for dismissal and walk to the bus line together?

My kids wouldn’t have been able to make the bus at that age either. Not age appropriate imo.

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:21 pm
6 is old enough to have a problem solving conversation. Dig into this with him a little more. What are all the things that are making it difficult for him to catch the bus? Why do you think it is important for him to catch the bus? What solutions can he think of that will address his main problem and also solve your problem?

Actually, it sounds like this might be a better conversation for the teacher to have with him than you, but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:24 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
6 is old enough to have a problem solving conversation. Dig into this with him a little more. What are all the things that are making it difficult for him to catch the bus? Why do you think it is important for him to catch the bus? What solutions can he think of that will address his main problem and also solve your problem?

Actually, it sounds like this might be a better conversation for the teacher to have with him than you, but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

Sounds like the kid’s problem is that he is expected to transition from classroom to bus on his own, at the age of 6. But I doubt he knows what the word transition means.

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 2:25 pm
I don't get it, primary kids are supposed to go to the bus on their own? That's insanely irresponsible!! My kids have bus monitors all of elementary.They make sure that every kid gets on the bus. They have sort of line-up for busses and they get on the busses in an organized manner. In pre school, the teachers walk the kids to the bus and make sure they're all on the bus. If a primary child missses the bus, it is the schools problem. The teacher has to make sure everyone gets on the bus.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics