Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Swallowing objects

proudmom

Post Mon, Nov 08 2004, 5:22 pm
My son is 2 years old and he is constantly puting things in his mouth. just last week he took the pushka and he got some coins out of it and put it in his mouth and he started choking on it and he swallowed it. By my in laws house that same week he took a small toy put it in his mouth and started choking BH my Father in law was there to take it out of his mouth. I am so scared one day if I am not there and he is choking. what should I do?

ForeverYoung

Post Wed, Nov 10 2004, 12:03 am
child-proof and never let him be alone unless he's in an inclosed choke-proof area (crib, pay yard, etc)

teach him that stuff from the ground is 'yaki' and that only food goes into mouth.

Daven and hope this period will pass soon Wink

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 10 2004, 12:39 am
Quote:
teach him that stuff from the ground is 'yaki' and that only food goes into mouth

Also tell him he will get a big boo boo in his tummy drill it into him it's dangerous etc. hope it helps. hatzlacha Smile

proudmom

Post Wed, Nov 10 2004, 11:00 am
I tried to tell him it is dangerous but he still does the same things over and over again. My house is very child proof but the problem with that is my kids are too smart for it. They learn how to open things if it has a lock on it. They climb all over the place. Its really hard

zuncompany

Post Wed, Nov 10 2004, 11:22 am
Zu is like that. With him whenever he would get close to putting something in his mouth I would go yucky, blek, ick ick ick, and pat my tongue. I would jump up and down and be silly. He would burst out laughing and forget about putting it in his mouth. Than I would carefully either just take the object away or I would trade him for something else. Now he will take things and pretend just to get me to be so silly. He usually will hand me the object though as soon as he is satisfied with my sillyness. I had to keep a close close eye on him for a while though. I still do for the most part.

Sara

proudmom

Post Wed, Nov 10 2004, 11:25 am
Its hard for me to keep a close eye on him when he comes home from school because I am so busy doing thiings. I check up on them a lot but I see it isnt enough.

Tefila

Post Wed, Nov 10 2004, 10:48 pm
Quote:
keep a close eye on him when he comes home from school because I am so busy

Maybe if it's possible do the stuff that keeps u so busy, during his day in school. I know it prob isn't conveniant... but maybe that would work Smile

chen

Post Sat, Oct 29 2005, 8:25 pm
Run, don't walk, to your nearest red cross and learn infant and child CPR and the heimlich maneuver.
Failing that, if he starts ch'v to choke, grab his ankles and hold him upside-down--that may help whatever he took in fall out. This is not the official way to treat a choking victim but it often helps with a very small child. If that doesn't work you have to go to the official first aid steps.

proudmom

Post Sat, Oct 29 2005, 8:48 pm
I learned cpr and first aid already and my son grew out of it BH.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Oct 30 2005, 1:49 am
chen, I don't know if you realized but this post is almost from a year ago... lol..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics