Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Erev pesach cleaning lady woes 🤣
Previous  1  2

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 4:31 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
Maybe she does a better job in the other houses? Maybe that means she needs to up her game?

by me it is cuz she goes to the other lady 3 times a week for 6+hrs. I have her once a week for three+ I work

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 5:19 pm
amother Latte wrote:
and now I know you have to clean the house before cleaning lady comes...At wits end

BTW my sisters neighbor told her she always cleans up befory the C L comes....if not it's a chillel hashem... Very Happy

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 5:25 pm
amother Latte wrote:
and now I know you have to clean the house before cleaning lady comes...At wits end

That's why I don't want one! Too stressful!

schoolbus

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 5:37 pm
My cleaning lady told me I’m late with Passover cleaning, all other houses she works at are way ahead..

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 7:16 pm
...Before I had my cleaning lady I didn't know that there is a thing as goyisha yentas Laugh

amother
Peony

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 7:18 pm
This thread is in bad taste.

Highstrung

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 7:27 pm
amother Valerian wrote:
Looks to me like something didn't translate well lol. I do get the outlandish excuses though. My cleaning lady has been showing up but always a little late or leaving a little early. And always with excuses about how this or that came up. I bet she just took too many jobs too close together. I'm tolerating it for now because she is coming, and half a job is better than none and I'll never find someone new this close to Pesach. But I will be finding someone new after Pesach.

This . Showing up 40 minutes late this week , blaming the taxi for not knowing where my address is and going around in circles because he didn’t have GPS.
When I asked if she could stay late , no she has an appointment. Then when she had her lunch break I heard her calling someone leaving a message that she is sorry she didn’t come last night because she was busy and will come today straight from my house after she leaves at 5:30. She also got mad that my toddlers room was as messy as it was . I hired her to clean and straighten up . Why is she getting mad. If my house was clean she wouldn’t have a job.

Last edited by Highstrung on Thu, Mar 23 2023, 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Highstrung

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 7:28 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
BTW my sisters neighbor told her she always cleans up befory the C L comes....if not it's a chillel hashem... Very Happy

I always say that. I wake up 2 hours early the day she comes so that it doesn’t look as bad . My mother does the same 🙈

amother
Holly

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 8:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yeah got this one from a cleaning lady as well. She moved the beds and came running to give me a lecture that the other houses aren't so dusty under the beds....

At least she's passionate about her work. My cleaner doesn't look. As long as she passed over with a rag she considers it done Banging head

Highstrung

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 8:56 pm
My cleaning lady things I’m OTD and wagged her finger at me because I’m not making her use a tooth brush on the grout on my kitchen floor and I don’t remove the handles from my pots to clean them.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 9:44 pm
Not to do with Erev pesach, but I once had a cleaning lady that asked me why I don’t bake the good smelling bread that all the other Jewish ladies do??
But a different time she also told me I’m lucky I’m Jewish because I can have many kids and I don’t have to worry that my husband will run off on me.

Fox

Post Thu, Mar 23 2023, 10:04 pm
amother Silver wrote:
But a different time she also told me I’m lucky I’m Jewish because I can have many kids and I don’t have to worry that my husband will run off on me.

I used to take my kids to the local Chinatown as a Chol HaMoed outing. They have tours and fun shops, etc. One woman store owner remembered us from year to year. "Oh! All children are Jewish? So smart and so good in school! You so lucky you get all Jewish children!" As if you show up at the hospital to collect them, and lucky mamas get some of the few Jewish babies available that day.

The wonderful lady who keeps me from disappearing into general squalor has been chomping at the bit for over a month to start Pesach cleaning. Once Jewel (the local supermarket that serves the Jewish community) turns over, she's convinced we need to start immediately.

ectomorph

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 11:09 am
Spanish language that might help:

These are Spanish and English posts explaining the reasons behind why we clean for Chametz and the basics of Pesach.
This one discusses the Seder and day of Pesach itself. https://ishayirashashem.substa.....ed-by
English
https://ishayirashashem.substa.....do-de
Espanol

Pesach cleaning specifically:

Anyone will enjoy these. I have translated everything to Spanish in the comments, so you can reach out to the Spanish speakers in your life.

https://ishayirashashem.substa.....ional
https://ishayirashashem.substa.....sover

amother
Latte

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 8:45 pm
Thats it my cleaning lady crossed the red line. I made her bleach the toilet last week. She told me she want a spray so I told her that next week I will buy. Lmasa I had 2 bottles of windex so she downed one and put bleach inside. How do I know cuz erev shabbos I did a quick wash and my housed smelled of bleach and then a little went on my Shabbos outfit and it got bleached. Innocent me I always thought that these cleaning lady stories were someoned figmant of imangination.... Punch Banging head I am done with her. I am not taking her anymore I will rather do my house by myself and properly and treat myself for Yom tov with the money saved.....

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 9:16 pm
My small bottle of bleach and my bleach spray are locked up. I don't let anyone else use bleach products- they're just for me for emergencies. I learned the hard way, with an expensive shower curtain ruined. There are other good products for the toilet like scrubbing bubbles and bar keepers friend.

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 9:47 am
My cleaning lady sister-in-law brother died so she has to sit shiva... so got new one. I asked her to change the linen. She put on the new linen on the old one... Punch Banging head.

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 9:54 am
amother Latte wrote:
My cleaning lady sister-in-law brother died so she has to sit shiva... so got new one. I asked her to change the linen. She put on the new linen on the old one... Punch Banging head.

Not so bad.. I had the cleaning lady put the duvet cover on the mattress...don't know how she managed it, it was extremely difficult to get off once she left

Queen Of Hearts

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 9:56 am
ra_mom wrote:
My small bottle of bleach and my bleach spray are locked up. I don't let anyone else use bleach products- they're just for me for emergencies. I learned the hard way, with an expensive shower curtain ruined. There are other good products for the toilet like scrubbing bubbles and bar keepers friend.

Same.
I don’t let my lady use bleach. We manage just fine with the variety of other cleaning products!
Imo it’s not worth the risk of clothing getting ruined.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 9:56 am
amother Latte wrote:

Omg 😆 Can't Believe It

amother
Foxglove

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 10:09 am
amother Candycane wrote:
Not so bad.. I had the cleaning lady put the duvet cover on the mattress...don't know how she managed it, it was extremely difficult to get off once she left

You have to remember that the majority of the US do not use duvet sets. They use comforters. I wouldn’t blame her.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics