Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Frum influencers

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 10:35 am
This post is completely out of curiosity. Approximately how much does a frum influencer with around 50k followers earn from Instagram alone. Instagram can be used as a springboard for other things and a lot of these influencers write cookbooks, work for kosher.com or do events etc we well as Instagram - but how much comes exclusively from Instagram promotions? Anyone have any idea?

happy7

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 10:44 am
I don’t know the answer in numbers, but to get to that place of earning, they have to invest tons and tons of time before becoming profitable.
Some people are indeed extra special and have a good platform, but most who have become super successful, to the point of profitable, have invested a lot of their own resources first.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 10:59 am
It's really a range. Influencers more or less set their own pricing for ads. You also have to think about what the market is. A food influencer isn't making the same deals and products as a fashion one.

mushkamothers

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 11:17 am
Nobody makes money from Instagram. Even when Instagram pays. For example, for a little while Instagram was paying for reels per view and it was literally pennies per view, and they're ending that promotion now. And not everyone even got it like I had a reel with 6.5 million views and didn't get paid.

Influencers make money from what they use their Instagram platform for. That's like saying "how much money does someone get from their website." Answer: whatever they charge.

Also, 50k followers doesn't mean there's engagement. Your audience is worthless if they're not seeing your content. And vice versa, someone can have no followers and be making tons of money. There's one well known online business guy who has about 40k followers and is a multi millionaire.

Followers count is a vanity metric. Their business strategy is what counts.

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 11:33 am
mushkamothers wrote:
Nobody makes money from Instagram. Even when Instagram pays. For example, for a little while Instagram was paying for reels per view and it was literally pennies per view, and they're ending that promotion now. And not everyone even got it like I had a reel with 6.5 million views and didn't get paid.

Influencers make money from what they use their Instagram platform for. That's like saying "how much money does someone get from their website." Answer: whatever they charge.

Also, 50k followers doesn't mean there's engagement. Your audience is worthless if they're not seeing your content. And vice versa, someone can have no followers and be making tons of money. There's one well known online business guy who has about 40k followers and is a multi millionaire.

Followers count is a vanity metric. Their business strategy is what counts.

This. And I've said this on here before - a number of the frum influencers I was following (not anymore) would post stories begging us to engage with their posts because that is how they make money and "how I feed my family". So just having the followers is not how they are paid. You have to engage with them, and even better if you use their promocodes.

amother
Topaz

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 12:55 pm
amother Pewter wrote:
This. And I've said this on here before - a number of the frum influencers I was following (not anymore) would post stories begging us to engage with their posts because that is how they make money and "how I feed my family". So just having the followers is not how they are paid. You have to engage with them, and even better if you use their promocodes.

These influencers are also getting lots of free things for themselves and their kids so that in itself is money making. They are supposed to let everyone know that these items are sponsored or gifted but most influencers dont bother doing that. They also get invited to events and get swag bags and food as well. If the influencers want more engagement from people then perhaps they can raffle off the items that they are getting for free and pass it on to their followers. This way, they have more followers, more engagement and the follower who wins the raffle can tell everyone if the product is really worth buying or not.
Its really upsetting to see some influencers promote items they dont pay for (and dont even bother letting everyone know that its sponsored or gifted) so it would be nice if they pass these items to their followers. I have seen some really rich influencers get free things like a cruise that they could have paid for themselves, imagine if they would have given it to a follower instead, they would have more engagement and make more money than if they just keep the freebies and tell us about it which is boring (and who even buys anything an influencer is selling at this point),
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics