Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What are people wearing to weddings?
Previous  1  2

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 8:41 am
Shell station seems to be making a lot of business still bh. What does it mean shells are out?

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Mar 19 2023, 9:45 am
amother Seablue wrote:
Shell station seems to be making a lot of business still bh. What does it mean she'll are out?

Sleeveless dresses are out. Matching shells to colored tops are out. Ppl are still wearing shells if just a neckline isn’t good. For under a top or dress that is more sheer , under an open cardigan etc

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 9:52 am
I wear shell station as casual tops. I dont buy them in as small a size as I used to 10+ years ago when I wore them under short sleeve shirts, but I buy a size that fits as a regular tee. My girls also wear the solid shells (specifically the ribbed ones) with colored or denim skirts, especially in the summer. Also under jackets/blazers/cardigans.
Shell station sells alot of clothing besides just shells.
Agree with others who said long is not a must, where I live almost no one wears long or midi to weddings. Short with heels is always the best option for a wedding IMO.

amother
Phlox

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 10:10 am
amother Turquoise wrote:
I wear shell station as casual tops. I dont buy them in as small a size as I used to 10+ years ago when I wore them under short sleeve shirts, but I buy a size that fits as a regular tee. My girls also wear the solid shells (specifically the ribbed ones) with colored or denim skirts, especially in the summer. Also under jackets/blazers/cardigans.
Shell station sells alot of clothing besides just shells.
Agree with others who said long is not a must, where I live almost no one wears long or midi to weddings. Short with heels is always the best option for a wedding IMO.

Is their white ribbed shell see through or is it ok as a tee?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 10:20 am
amother Kiwi wrote:
Sleeveless dresses are out. Matching shells to colored tops are out. Ppl are still wearing shells if just a neckline isn’t good. For under a top or dress that is more sheer , under an open cardigan etc

Also good for unlined sleeves, for under itchy uniform shirts, for under sweaters. Many people use them as undershirts, particularly the sleeveless one. Can be worn with blazers- size uo if you wear it open.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 12:18 pm
amother Phlox wrote:

I am not small on top so I dont feel comfortable wearing the white ribbed shell as a tee, but my preteen girls totally will. I dont think it's seethru- maybe after alot of washing but not the initial wears.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 12:36 pm
amother Vanilla wrote:
Some links for ideas-

https://www.themimiboutique.co.....dress

https://www.pinkorchidfashion......dress

https://www.shopsheek.com/coll.....loral

These are great, thanks!

amother
Steelblue

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 7:29 pm
Jumpers and vests are in, turtleneck underneath in the winter and shells in the summer, shells are not a style their a basic

ra_mom

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 7:31 pm
amother Phlox wrote:

See-through.

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 7:45 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
Jumpers and vests are in, turtleneck underneath in the winter and shells in the summer, shells are not a style their a basic
Right there’s plenty of jumpers in the stores, are people wearing them only with cardigans? Seems silly to limit yourself like that.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics