Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
When is your preschooler starting to have pesach vacation???
1  2  Next

When are you preschool kids off
weds 3/29  
 6%  [ 5 ]
thurs 3/30  
 14%  [ 12 ]
friday 3/31  
 48%  [ 39 ]
monday 4/3  
 22%  [ 18 ]
other  
 8%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 81

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:01 pm
my 4 y/o son starts pesach vacation on wednesday (3/29). I pay Morah monthly. Why is this ok? I am not aware of any daycamps that start wednesday.

amother
Wandflower

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:06 pm
The Morah should have told you the schedule before you enrolled. She can set whatever schedule she wants and you can sign up at a playgroup that works for you. It’s a free market.

I know there are a few moros that had their last day before Pesach two days ago.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:08 pm
Where's option for Tuesday/bedikas chometz??

Shout-out to chasidish cheder. Very Happy
Bh bh
Playgroup year was a disaster.
DC is 4 in kindergarten

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:09 pm
We don’t have a choice because there are barely any Morahs. Doesn’t make it ok to take advantage. I don’t pay hourly.

amother
Wandflower

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:15 pm
amother OP wrote:
We don’t have a choice because there are barely any Morahs. Doesn’t make it ok to take advantage. I don’t pay hourly.
There’s always a choice. New groups open all the time. I assume you took the morah’s calendar and fee into account when you were deciding if it made sense to register.

6th through 8th grades are off starting Wednesday. I’m sure you can find a sitter.

4geesmom

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:21 pm
pre-nursery and 2nd grader. both their last day is friday.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:25 pm
amother Wandflower wrote:
There’s always a choice. New groups open all the time. I assume you took the morah’s calendar and fee into account when you were deciding if it made sense to register.

6th through 8th grades are off starting Wednesday. I’m sure you can find a sitter.

you commit to the Morah after sukkos the year before. No, I did not see a calendar when I committed.
Plus, my kids is not the easiest. Don't feel comfortable leaving him with a sitter for so many hours without structure.

amother
Latte

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:25 pm
Im a teacher in playgroup. when do u expect me ton clean my house? erev pesach? Teachers are human too.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:33 pm
amother Latte wrote:
Im a teacher in playgroup. when do u expect me ton clean my house? erev pesach? Teachers are human too.

and I am working up until tues afternoon, bedikas chometz (plus I work Suns)..
yes. I am making peasch!
When do you expect me to clean my house?

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:40 pm
amother Latte wrote:

When do you think other working moms clean? They don’t have off at all. We are all human as far as I know .

amother
Latte

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:50 pm
Most parents from my playgroup work part time or not at all

amother
Latte

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:50 pm
*Mothers from playgroup

amother
Midnight

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 2:14 pm
amother Latte wrote:

Lame excuse. I am working till erev Yom and probably longer hours than a playgroup goes. In the past I have had playgroup morahs request pesach only food the week before or kitniyot, so that the teacher could clean earlier if she wanted to and not have to worry. All the parents were happy to do so. Teachers can do that if they really want to clean earlier.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 2:19 pm
amother Latte wrote:

Dumbest excuse ever! I work up till erev and my 2 year ends on Wednesday. My three other school aged kids have until Friday or Monday depending on the school. Why does my 2 YEAR OLD end so much earlier???

In addition I pay a lot monthly (over $800) and she officially caters to working parents..... Ttly wrong

amother
Cherry

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 2:21 pm
amother Midnight wrote:
Lame excuse. I am working till erev Yom and probably longer hours than a playgroup goes. In the past I have had playgroup morahs request pesach only food the week before or kitniyot, so that the teacher could clean earlier if she wanted to and not have to worry. All the parents were happy to do so. Teachers can do that if they really want to clean earlier.

Im a playgroup Morah for 2 year olds in my living room.
I tell parents only Pedachdik, they dont listen. Or the child is covered in chametz as they walk in the door, spewing Cheerios all over my floor.
Though I tell parents upfront Sukkos that I go according to the Bais Faiga schedule.

amother
Cherry

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 2:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
and I am working up until tues afternoon, bedikas chometz (plus I work Suns)..
yes. I am making peasch!
When do you expect me to clean my house?

Your job consists of 20 preschoolers running around your living room or playroom?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 5:01 pm
amother Cherry wrote:
Your job consists of 20 preschoolers running around your living room or playroom?

It does not take long to clean a living room and playroom. you can be more strict with the food the week before.
Plus, my morah has a special room for her group.
I also have a babysitter coming to watch my kids and she is not very strict with the kids. Last year, I found bread in my child's drawer bedikas chometz night!! (a drawer that I rarely open.)

cuffs

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 5:08 pm
amother Amethyst wrote:
When do you think other working moms clean? They don’t have off at all. We are all human as far as I know .

You don’t have a class of 10-15 children in your house every day. Playgroup Morah’s have a lot more to clean then the average family!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:25 am
She can still have off. Does not have to be from Wednesday.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:35 am
Morahs work for themselves and can set their schedules and policies however they see fit. If you don't like it, don't send. And if enough people don't like what they offer, they won't get a group and will change their schedule and policy.

If schedule is very important to you, find out from the morah when you register. I've learned this the hard way! Don't assume anything ever!

Keep in mind that playgroup morahs are just as capable of getting an office job as anyone else. While playgroup (when done properly) does yield a decent income, it is much more physically taxing than an office job and usually brings in a lower total income. They've specifically chosen this profession because they love kids AND because of the benefits of working for themselves provides (flexibility, schedule, working from home, etc.) Convincing a morah to sacrifice these benefits will be a very hard sell.

ETA: I am not a morah, nor have I ever been one.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries