Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
IPhone pictures storage

Hashemlovesme1

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 9:18 am
I have tons of pictures on my iPhone and it’s taking up all of my storage. My phone storage is full now and I don’t know what to do with them. How do you back up your pictures? If I use iCloud or Google photos or something like that, can I still access my pictures on my phone or do they go into the cloud and I then have to download them?
Please help a not very tech savvy Ima!

amother
Peru

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 9:46 am
Back them up to iCloud. Yes they’ll still be on your phone. (I’m not familiar with how google photos works on an iPhone though)

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 9:49 am
If you want to pay for iCloud storage you can…
I have a few email accounts, and I’ve uploaded a lot of photos onto each. I have Google photos on my phone and I’ve set it up to automatically upload. I’m able to see the pics whenever I want, but I need to redownload them onto my phone if I want to do anything with them on the actual phone. So I keep the past bunch of months worth of pics on my phone and upload the rest.

Hashemlovesme1

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 12:39 pm
Thank you! So if I back them up to iCloud, then I can still see them normally? Just cannot share them unless I download?

esuss

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 12:50 pm
How do you switch which email account your photos upload to? Right now my photo storage on one account is full. How do I switch it on my iPhone to my other account?

4geesmom

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:24 pm
I back everything up to shutterfly.
I don't want to pay every month for icloud storage.
then its easy to view or download on any device

Amarante

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:50 pm
You should be backing up all of your photos anyway because inevitably your phone will either break, get lost or even be stolen. Then you will lose everything.

Get additional storage on iCloud. It's relatively cheap and it works seamlessly with all of the other devices plus the customer support is excellent

How do you want to share with people? Do you mean physically showing them photos on the phone or do you mean sending them photos or links to photos.

Hashemlovesme1

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 3:14 pm
Amarante wrote:
You should be backing up all of your photos anyway because inevitably your phone will either break, get lost or even be stolen. Then you will lose everything.

Get additional storage on iCloud. It's relatively cheap and it works seamlessly with all of the other devices plus the customer support is excellent

How do you want to share with people? Do you mean physically showing them photos on the phone or do you mean sending them photos or links to photos.

Thanks, that’s a good point. I don’t know why I’ve been pushing it off for so long.
By sharing, I mean texting, WhatsApp, emailing, etc.

Amarante

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 3:31 pm
Hashemlovesme1 wrote:
Thanks, that’s a good point. I don’t know why I’ve been pushing it off for so long.
By sharing, I mean texting, WhatsApp, emailing, etc.

You can go to iCloud and share with anyone you want through email or texts.

You can also access iCloud through your computer.

But in terms of organization - beyond backing up for safely - why don't you cull through the pictures and get rid of the ones that aren't that good anyway - or at least don't keep them on your phone.

With digital photography and no costs for film or developing or printing, most people have multiple shots of essentially the same thing

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 4:13 pm
esuss wrote:
How do you switch which email account your photos upload to? Right now my photo storage on one account is full. How do I switch it on my iPhone to my other account?

You sign into a different account
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics