Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shiras Hayam Girls Choir

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 7:30 pm
I love their songs! They are so beautiful. Anyone can enlighten me where these videos are produced? My guess is Baltimore or Silver Spring? Anyone’s daughters are in it?

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 8:20 pm
It's in Baltimore

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 9:58 pm
Wow cool, never heard of them before, but going to play them for my DDs tomorrow bli neder. I bet they will enjoy. Thanks OP!

amother
Purple

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 10:57 pm
My DD is in their choir and loves it.

We’re in Baltimore. She told me one girl in her group came in from silver Spring.

I love how they don’t have tryouts, and take every girl who applies, until each group is full.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 11:13 pm
Proud Bubby here! I’m a big fan- it’s a great experience!

newinbp

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 11:27 pm
Omg!! That's so beautiful to know they take every girl and that your daughter is in it!!! Can we travel from NYC? Omg please tell me of a NY similar option for girls! Gut voch Smile

amother
Currant

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 11:50 pm
My daughter was in two of them Smile. Baltimore.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 11:54 pm
My girls were in it. They take whoever applies. It is very overpriced buy my girls felt huge pressure as so many of their classmates were in it.

amother
Currant

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 11:59 pm
They take every girl that applies but they make it clear that there is no guarantee that every girl will be visible in the videos and the song recordings that you hear only include a select group of girls.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 1:01 am
They are doing a concert with Bracha Jaffe in Baltimore on Lag Baomer!

kiwi strawberry

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 2:01 am
newinbp wrote:
Omg!! That's so beautiful to know they take every girl and that your daughter is in it!!! Can we travel from NYC? Omg please tell me of a NY similar option for girls! Gut voch Smile

I don’t know if there are tryouts or not but I think Shaindel Antelis has a girls’ choir in the 5 towns.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 10:41 am
amother Papaya wrote:
They are doing a concert with Bracha Jaffe in Baltimore on Lag Baomer!

Yes! I’m so excited to go!
If you want to get tickets here’s the link

https://shirashayam.simpletix.com/#smtx-click

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 10:54 am
We were offered very very discounted seats the day of the show in the front section because they were trying to fill it up. I think most family wanted the cheaper seats since they already paid so much for the program.

They were really cute and Bracha Jaffee was amazing! Very professionally staged. The only thing is it looked like parts of the choir were lip synced and sometimes voices had a lot of unnatural effects and things like that so I asked my daughter's friend who was in it and she said that some parts of songs were recorded. I don't have an issue with that- that's the norm for school plays recording all the singing beforehand but I felt like a concert is different like you're coming to hear them sing live. And also the poor kids who couldn't show off their live singing and all they worked hard for- did they feel bad about that? But it makes sense if they accept anyone not everyone's voice is concert worthy.

But they were really cute and they have nice songs!

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 11:38 am
We loved the concert-don't have any girls in Shiras Hayam-but they were great. Bracha Jaffe was incredible.
We all noticed that most of the vocals were prerecorded. But the girls looked so happy anyways.

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Jun 07 2023, 11:57 am
Just signed my daughter up for the fall session (her first time!).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics