Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Affordable pesach prgrams? Need to get awy 4 my mental hlth
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Narcissus

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 11:39 pm
amother Firethorn wrote:
not cheap

Nope but it’s cheaper than the prices she quoted.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 11:41 pm
Thanks everyone. I'll look into these programs. I didn't realize stuff in this price range even existed. when I Googled they were only the crazy expensive ones for even seemingly more simple ones. My baby is already one ( it's been very treatment resistant so has continuously gotten really bad over the year) so sleep and stuff like that isn't an issue. Just going away to a place with a children program and not having to clean or do anything would really help. I may still do some sort of treatment program at least until pesach of I feel I need to but I'm hesitant to leave my child for so long

ROFL

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 11:49 pm
https://www.passoverlistings.c.....n-ny/

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 11:53 pm
Pesach at the pearlstone- I saw advertisement for around 3,500 a person

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 11:56 pm
amother Copper wrote:
We BH have been doing the European programs for years. Best kept secret.

The European programs have zero food you get what you pay for. It’s only for people that okay with no food.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:07 am
amother Beige wrote:
The European programs have zero food you get what you pay for. It’s only for people that okay with no food.

Sounds like you haven’t been on the same
Programs that I have. Haven’t starved yet BH
And have been able to tour numerous exotic cities. I’ve done pesach programs for 30 years and my family and I enjoy the European ones more than the American ones.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:08 am
amother Feverfew wrote:
How cheap is that? $8k a couple plus flights?

6k a couple will give you a decent budget in Europe

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:13 am
I did Raleigh hotel. Decently priced.
Try to Ask for a discount due to medical condition...

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:38 am
amother Copper wrote:
We BH have been doing the European programs for years. Best kept secret.

Do tell, please

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:45 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
Do tell, please

What would you like to know. It’s a bit late for this year but totally Jewish travel has pretty comprehensive list of programs. If you’re interested for next year I’d start there

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:47 am
amother Copper wrote:
What would you like to know. It’s a bit late for this year but totally Jewish travel has pretty comprehensive list of programs. If you’re interested for next year I’d start there

how much does the Italy one cost per person

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:47 am
European programs have interesting food, often too little. Also many are very modern, swim on tom tov, mixed swim, people not tznius at the meals. Do major research.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:53 am
amother Winterberry wrote:
European programs have interesting food, often too little. Also many are very modern, swim on tom tov, mixed swim, people not tznius at the meals. Do major research.

This comment is a bit naive. There are modern programs all over Florida, Mexico and the Caribbean. Of course one should find a program that suits their hashkafah, that goes without saying. But I’ve actually seen this less in Europe since it’s often not warm enough for outdoor swim.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:54 am
amother Amaryllis wrote:
how much does the Italy one cost per person

I’m not going to Italy this year but there are probably 5 programs in Italy, maybe more. You’d have to be more specific

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:56 am
amother Copper wrote:
Sounds like you haven’t been on the same
Programs that I have. Haven’t starved yet BH
And have been able to tour numerous exotic cities. I’ve done pesach programs for 30 years and my family and I enjoy the European ones more than the American ones.

The European programs don’t have 24/7 food or the really expensive meats. Of course they have food but it’s not the same as what you get in an American program Which is why the American programs cost more. Food is expensive you get what you pay for.

Also tickets cost so if you are a family of ten buying ten tickets to Europe cost. But if you are only a couple then it’s not as much so it depends how many people you are.

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:57 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks everyone. I'll look into these programs. I didn't realize stuff in this price range even existed. when I Googled they were only the crazy expensive ones for even seemingly more simple ones. My baby is already one ( it's been very treatment resistant so has continuously gotten really bad over the year) so sleep and stuff like that isn't an issue. Just going away to a place with a children program and not having to clean or do anything would really help. I may still do some sort of treatment program at least until pesach of I feel I need to but I'm hesitant to leave my child for so long

Just a heads up that most don’t have a Children’s program starting that young… Hatlacha.

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 1:00 am
amother Copper wrote:
This comment is a bit naive. There are modern programs all over Florida, Mexico and the Caribbean. Of course one should find a program that suits their hashkafah, that goes without saying. But I’ve actually seen this less in Europe since it’s often not warm enough for outdoor swim.

I don’t think you are using the word naive correctly. Anyway this is based on facts. I’m assuming majority of this site would not be comfortable there. But if it’s a good fit for someone then go for it. Just stating facts so that everyone can be informed.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 1:03 am
amother Beige wrote:
The European programs don’t have 24/7 food or the really expensive meats. Of course they have food but it’s not the same as what you get in an American program Which is why the American programs cost more. Food is expensive you get what you pay for.

Also tickets cost so if you are a family of ten buying ten tickets to Europe cost. But if you are only a couple then it’s not as much so it depends how many people you are.

Of course it’s not the same. Europeans don’t expect a food orgy. They also don’t need lighting directors or mixologist or so many of the shtuyot that IMO make the American programs Over the top. I’ve been on American programs my entire life and found the food excessive. I don’t want to eat 5k worth of food and I don’t want to do it in a ciry/state that BH I’ve been to many times before. (Plus flights to Europe are actually not that much more than flights to FLL. Plus there always points if you plan right) That said, Since OP was asking about lower priced options she should be aware that they absolutely exist. BH there are options all over the world so those of us who go away can find a program that suits us, domestic or abroad

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 1:07 am
amother Winterberry wrote:
I don’t think you are using the word naive correctly. Anyway this is based on facts. I’m assuming majority of this site would not be comfortable there. But if it’s a good fit for someone then go for it. Just stating facts so that everyone can be informed.

What facts? The fact that modern programs exist all Over the world? I can name 10 Programs in the US and carribean that have mixed swimming off the top of my head—why do you think this is limited to Europe? Also fact that spring in Europe (even in Greece which I’ve been several times) you’re lucky to get into the 70s which for most is not outdoor swim weather so mixed swimming is rarely an issue (since there’s hardly any swimming at all) I’m not suggesting modern programs don’t exist, and of course agree everyone should do as much research as they can. I’m just saying it’s not an issue specific to European program

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 1:08 am
amother Copper wrote:
What facts? The fact that modern programs exist all Over the world? I can name 10 Programs in the US and carribean that have mixed swimming off the top of my head—why do you think this is limited to Europe? Also fact that spring in Europe (even in Greece which I’ve been several times) you’re lucky to get into the 70s which for most is not outdoor swim weather so mixed swimming is rarely an issue (since there’s hardly any swimming at all) I’m not suggesting modern programs don’t exist, and of course agree everyone should do as much research as they can. I’m just saying it’s not an issue specific to European program

European programs tend to be modern. I know programs well too and I can barely think of any that aren’t.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics