Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
The dread I feel waking up summer mornings

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:37 pm
The dread I feel waking up summer mornings.... and having to figure out what to wear!!
As Pesach comes closer and the weather starts warming up I feel a familiar pit in my stomach.
I can not ever figure out how to get dressed modestly in hot weather.
I am short and heavier, so T-shirts dont look good on me at all, but even if I could wear Ts, what stockings, leggings, tight, socks, hair covering, its so much!
I just have such a hard time with covering my legs, covering my hair, high neck tops - all of it!
how do you do it? what do you do in the hot sticky months to make sure you look good and put together but dont suffocate in your own clothing??
any and all ideas for cooling, fabrics, companys, styles are welcomed!

happy7

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:42 pm
Dresses. Less items, less layers, less decisions

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 1:47 pm
Kmw makes lightweight shirts and dresses. The high low tops are comfy and flattering and I wear them with a lightweight skirt knee highs. And their dresses are amazing. Wear them with a thin slip and knee highs.

amother
Raspberry

Post Fri, Mar 24 2023, 2:06 pm
I am overweight 5'4" and close to 200 lbs. I just don't care that much about how I look. I get hoy very quickly so I wear maxi/slinky skirts and tees. Socks and sneakers. I wear a snood or a fall with a band if I must.

MommyPhD

Post Sat, Mar 25 2023, 11:32 pm
https://m.koshercasual.com/T-S......html

I used to live in an extremely hot climate and wore this kind of dress all summer.

amother
Geranium

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:30 am
amother Bronze wrote:
Kmw makes lightweight shirts and dresses. The high low tops are comfy and flattering and I wear them with a lightweight skirt knee highs. And their dresses are amazing. Wear them with a thin slip and knee highs.

What is kmw?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 12:36 am
amother Geranium wrote:
What is kmw?

https://kalmodestwear.com/coll.....esses

mushkamothers

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 1:55 am
happy7 wrote:
Dresses. Less items, less layers, less decisions

Maxi dresses so I don't have to wear pantyhose! I hate the hot weather wardrobes too

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 8:20 am
I love pantyhose because for me it prevents sticky thunder thighs, I wear beige. I have shell dresses and wear gauzy over pieces almost like a swim cover up. Then I match my headscarf to the over piece. I feel put together because it looks like I put effort in. I like loafers over sneakers for almost everything because I can slip my feet in and out to let them breathe.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 5:46 pm
[quote="amother NeonOrange"]I love pantyhose because for me it prevents sticky thunder thighs, I wear beige. I have shell dresses and wear gauzy over pieces almost like a swim cover up. Then I match my headscarf to the over piece. I feel put together because it looks like I put effort in. I like loafers over sneakers for almost everything because I can slip my feet in and out to let them breathe.[/quote
can you link some gauzy over pieces? sounds interesting

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 8:51 pm
[quote="amother Snowdrop"]
amother NeonOrange wrote:
I love pantyhose because for me it prevents sticky thunder thighs, I wear beige. I have shell dresses and wear gauzy over pieces almost like a swim cover up. Then I match my headscarf to the over piece. I feel put together because it looks like I put effort in. I like loafers over sneakers for almost everything because I can slip my feet in and out to let them breathe.[/quote
can you link some gauzy over pieces? sounds interesting

I’d love to but I’m technologically idiotic

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 7:06 am
Another option (in some communities) is long dresses over bike shorts (instead of pantyhose) with sneakers and socks.

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 7:45 am
I wear mostly maxi dresses. I try today stick with breathable fabrics, but it’s not always possible. I loathe summer, so I understand how you feel.

sequoia

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 7:47 am
Maxi skirts and socks.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 7:51 am
Maxi dresses, skirts and tops. Cotton materials. One layer, not see though. Biker shorts underneath.
Wrap skirts are very in and very comfortable. Easy to move in.
Ditch the tights.

watergirl

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 8:06 am
OP, I get you. I am short and overweight and nothing looks right on me in the summer. So I go with what's comfortable. For the person who said hi-low style - this looks horrible on my body-type. So, seeing as nothing in the summer looks good, I go with comfort. Long skirts and socks and loose tops.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics