Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Name a custom wig worth investing

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 1:50 pm
DD is getting married and having a hard time matching her hair. Which ones are worth trying? I'm so hesitant to spend on a deposit, ordering, and not know if she will end up liking it.

agreer

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 2:33 pm
Don't do it.

Get her a regular shaitel that looks GREAT on her that doesn't match her hair. Or dye it.

All shaitels will oxidize and need dyeing later.

If you can afford custom, it's really much better to have her wear a regular shaitel first, then in about a year get a custom wig. She'll know so much more about shaitels and what they should feel like by then.

Just my humble opinion.

Mazel tov!

Frumme

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 2:40 pm
What's not matching, the color or the texture?

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 2:45 pm
Yafi

amother
Yolk

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 3:32 pm
I agree with the above poster who said to wait. Newly married girls will still be learning what they like and dislike about sheitels and it’s not worth investing in a custom (or expensive one imo) until they are more experienced.

Get her something easy like a sary, Irene, Eva Chloe etc and let her get used to wearing her wig first. In a year offer to get her a custom wig

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 4:49 pm
I disagree. My first wigs were gorgeous customs...I paid for them myself and I had zero issues with them, and didn't get a new one for 8 years.

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 5:45 pm
What color is she? Red? Golden blonde? Those are usually the 2 hardest ones to match.
Can you easily afford a custom?
Even if you do do a custom if the color doesn't come in exactly right they will dye it to match.... so you might be better off starting with a cheap one and dying to your preference.
What does your regular SM recommend?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 5:50 pm
Barbara

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 6:01 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
I disagree. My first wigs were gorgeous customs...I paid for them myself and I had zero issues with them, and didn't get a new one for 8 years.

Did they cost $7000?

because that's how much a custom wig costs today.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 6:03 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Did they cost $7000?

Not even close. But they were expensive compared to everything else. For that price, I don't know what to say. I probably wouldn't...for sure not 2.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 6:11 pm
amother Jean wrote:
What color is she? Red? Golden blonde? Those are usually the 2 hardest ones to match.
Can you easily afford a custom?
Even if you do do a custom if the color doesn't come in exactly right they will dye it to match.... so you might be better off starting with a cheap one and dying to your preference.
What does your regular SM recommend?

Yes, golden blonde. All SMs I have been to, told me she will need a custom to match her hair. I got her two cheap ones which are not really her color. But she really wants a custom.

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 6:12 pm
amother Razzmatazz wrote:
Did they cost $7000?

Yeah today's customs are crazy crazy expensive. I'm a sheitelmacher and even I wouldn't spend. If you wear long length it can be 9k.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 6:12 pm
amother NeonBlue wrote:
Barbara

Never heard of it. Where can it be found?

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 6:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yes, golden blonde. All SMs I have been to, told me she will need a custom to match her hair. I got her two cheap ones which are not really her color. But she really wants a custom.

So golden blonde is hard. If you can easily afford a custom then go for it. Yafi or BK are the nicest in my opinion.
If you can't easily afford it, did you try Miri wigs? They still make some golden blondes. Everyone else is ash ash ash.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 6:15 pm
amother Jean wrote:
Yeah today's customs are crazy crazy expensive. I'm a sheitelmacher and even I wouldn't spend. If you wear long length it can be 9k.

The estimates Im getting are more like $4,500. (Not super long length) Its a lot for me, but I feel like its the only thing I will really spend on. (Clothing etc. we are doing cheap)

therealwifey

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 6:18 pm
Does she really want her exact color?

Also, 4500 is not that much more than a 3,000 lace top wig.

You can try bluma wigs in Monsey. All their pieces are custom

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 6:51 pm
therealwifey wrote:
Does she really want her exact color?

Also, 4500 is not that much more than a 3,000 lace top wig.

You can try bluma wigs in Monsey. All their pieces are custom

Yes she certainly wants her real color.
How much do bluma wigs run?

therealwifey

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 8:59 pm
I don’t know how much Blumas cost but you can reach out to her on Instagram or 1 (845) 502-3642.

Keep in mind custom wigs take time (8-12 weeks).

I hope your daughter finds beautiful pieces she’s happy with!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels