Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Looking for an engaging Jewish novel
Previous  1  2  3

yachnabobba

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 5:54 pm
I loved loved sunshowers it’s about a mother’s journey of acceptance of her special needs child. It’s real. It’s honest. It’s raw. And it’s true
and it’s fun. And loving

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 6:52 pm
Last Pesach "The Last Slave" by Y Kormornick was a major hit around here, even for those of us that do not usually enjoy novels. One of the best frum novels I have ever read.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 6:54 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
Last Pesach "The Last Slave" by Y Kormornick was a major hit around here, even for those of us that do not usually enjoy novels. One of the best frum novels I have ever read.

Is it appropriate for kids/teens.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 7:48 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:

No
Great, great book but goes into gory detail about the horrors the Jews endured in Mitzrayim

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 8:12 pm
Song of redemption by Zacharia Hoffman ( he also wrote dual discovery which is a fabulous novel about yetzias mitzrayim , the last slave was written a few years later and imo is a take off of that …)

If only and even then even now- both by Libby Klein so so memorable

Any of riva Pomerantz or eg Schwartz s books - too many good ones there but they’re all winners

amother
Pansy

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 8:52 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:

It is an amazing book, I let my teenage girls read it but not kids, too graphic. It’s so appropriate for pesach reading, really helps you understand mitzrayim.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 4:26 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
No
Great, great book but goes into gory detail about the horrors the Jews endured in Mitzrayim

Thanks, it looked like something my 12 year would like but we’ll skip it for now unless I have time to read it first.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 5:38 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
No

It's fine for teens.

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 6:11 am
amother Ivory wrote:
Song of redemption by Zacharia Hoffman ( he also wrote dual discovery which is a fabulous novel about yetzias mitzrayim , the last slave was written a few years later and imo is a take off of that …)

If only and even then even now- both by Libby Klein so so memorable

Any of riva Pomerantz or eg Schwartz s books - too many good ones there but they’re all winners

Zecharia Hoffman is a female actually going by a male name for whatever reason. I heard this from a trustworthy source who knows the author.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room