Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Credit card debt help
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 10:18 pm
Credit card taking advantage of my vulnerability and making me pay without any break or help.
I Live in NY City.
Looking lawyer or advocate to help.??

amother
Quince

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 10:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
Credit card taking advantage of my vulnerability and making me pay without any break or help.
I Live in NY City.
Looking lawyer or advocate to help.??

I feel bad that you’re in this situation, I also have a lot of credit card debt. But the tone of this question really rubs me the wrong way. You’re not a helpless victim of the credit card company. You’re a victim of your own choices. Sorry.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 10:54 pm
They can’t really make you pay. You can decide to stop paying and they’ll sell the debt to collectors who will settle with you for lower. That would affect your credit score for a few years though.

If you can get a 0 interest card that you can transfer some of the balance to, that would delay the interest piling up.

I’m sorry you are in this position. Credit card debt feels so suffocating.

confusedalways

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 10:57 pm
Maybe try using a debt gemach- they help transfer your debt to one account so you can pay it off slowly

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 10:59 pm
confusedalways wrote:
Maybe try using a debt gemach- they help transfer your debt to one account so you can pay it off slowly

Where can I find out more info about this?

confusedalways

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 11:05 pm
It's called gemach chasdei yosef 917-426-8726
I am currently using them and they are a major help!

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 11:06 pm
confusedalways wrote:

Do you need guarantors for them to loan you the money?

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 11:12 pm
Ummm they’re not taking advantage of your vulnerability. They’re taking charge of getting their payment. Sucks that you had to get this deep into it.

Your best bet is to find a 0%apr credit card and transfer your debt there and then pay it off as fast as possible.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 12:34 am
confusedalways wrote:

Thank you!

confusedalways

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 12:50 am
No problem! Good luck!

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 12:52 am
confusedalways wrote:

Looks like a business, not a Gemach, but they might be very helpful for me! Thank you!

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 12:59 am
I play the cc game well to get money on good terms. We basically move the money from card to card with 0 apr until we can afford to pay it.
Right now for example we have about $10,000 on the credit cards but nothing that is officially late.

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 2:38 am
amother Apricot wrote:
I play the cc game well to get money on good terms. We basically move the money from card to card with 0 apr until we can afford to pay it.
Right now for example we have about $10,000 on the credit cards but nothing that is officially late.

If you can't afford to pay it now, why do you think you'll be able to afford it in the future. Don't spend money you don't have, if you play the credit card game you are playing with fire

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 4:41 am
amother Apricot wrote:

This is so weird for me. In the US it's so much more common. Credit cards are a whole business. lol. I have ONE credit card that I pay off every month and that's it. It never goes higher than my monthly allowance and thats how I make sure my bills are not un-payable.
This a crazy game to play and when you want to buy a house your credit is garbage.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 5:48 am
amother Oleander wrote:
If you can't afford to pay it now, why do you think you'll be able to afford it in the future. Don't spend money you don't have, if you play the credit card game you are playing with fire

I don’t buy extras on the credit card but when we need something then that’s what they are there for. I am working on changing our financial situation in the long run.
We need to eat. When their is a burst pipe and water flooding the house then we needed an emergency plumber, etc. not always can expenses wait.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 5:50 am
amother Natural wrote:
This is so weird for me. In the US it's so much more common. Credit cards are a whole business. lol. I have ONE credit card that I pay off every month and that's it. It never goes higher than my monthly allowance and thats how I make sure my bills are not un-payable.
This a crazy game to play and when you want to buy a house your credit is garbage.

My credit score is actually in the 700’s. I never let the bills go unpaid, I make sure to move it before that.
I have about 15 credit cards, lol😅.
Combined credit of about $80,000 , our annual income is about $40,000.
It’s not a great way to live but otherwise we would probably literally starve at some points.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 10:55 am
Thanks sorry I was not clear, I am looking for names and numbers off advocate and or leagle adviser who can help me with,

chayamiriam

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 11:05 am
Try attorney jacob silver 347-866-3147
He will give you honest legal advice!

real israeli

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 11:05 am
amother Apricot wrote:
My credit score is actually in the 700’s. I never let the bills go unpaid, I make sure to move it before that.
I have about 15 credit cards, lol😅.
Combined credit of about $80,000 , our annual income is about $40,000.
It’s not a great way to live but otherwise we would probably literally starve at some points.

Do you mind if I ask - starting salary for a full time job is about 50k these days if not higher - instead of playing these games - why wouldn’t try to up your income to avoid starving?

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 11:06 am
amother Cinnamon wrote:
They can’t really make you pay. You can decide to stop paying and they’ll sell the debt to collectors who will settle with you for lower. That would affect your credit score for a few years though.

If you can get a 0 interest card that you can transfer some of the balance to, that would delay the interest piling up.

I’m sorry you are in this position. Credit card debt feels so suffocating.

How do I do that? I have a 0 APR card from a different company I would like to transfer 2K and pay it off slowly.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics