Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Who wants to wash their fridge now? Let’s do it together!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 9:58 am
I’m going to make my fridge/freezer now.

Pieces in the bathtub and everything.

Goal: to be done by 11.

Who wants to do it with me?

Motivation anyone?

Aylat

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 10:08 am
Hi, I've just done my fridge! Going out now to pick up kids and then will put it all back and hopefully do freezer.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 10:31 am
Pick up kids - You’re probably not in USA.

Hooray for you!

I just finished emptying out and taking all the pieces to tub. They’re soaking so I’m peeking in if anyone joined me. Looks like I’ll be done before y’all!

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 10:44 am
It’s on my schedule for tomorrow! But I can join you in the cleaning, I’m doing my master closet. I will admit it’s probably more of a spring cleaning job than anything else, but since I’m removing everything in order to find the crumbs hiding in the corners, I may as well throw some stuff away.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 12:09 pm
Ok I finished now, took exactly an hour longer than planned Sad

Thankfully it’s all done now. Ahhhhh the satisfaction.

If anyone needs motivation, take it from here, open up the doors and just start throwing things out. Once you start, you have to finish. It’s worth it at the end!

(Now I’m bone tired….. laundry, dinner and errands here we come….. brrr…..)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 12:11 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
It’s on my schedule for tomorrow! But I can join you in the cleaning, I’m doing my master closet. I will admit it’s probably more of a spring cleaning job than anything else, but since I’m removing everything in order to find the crumbs hiding in the corners, I may as well throw some stuff away.

Oh great! I didn’t really organize my mater closet this year (focused on kids closets instead) but I’m rooting for you! Best best feeling in the world when it’s all done and you open the door to admire your work Smile

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 12:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m going to make my fridge/freezer now.

Pieces in the bathtub and everything.

Goal: to be done by 11.

Who wants to do it with me?

Motivation anyone?

I did the fridge yesterday with my kids. I emptied it, then my 15 year old took out the shelves and drawers, and my 6 year old wiped everything down with her friend. They used windex and paper towels.
Of course….I still have to do the freezer….going to do that as soon as my baby goes in for a nap.
Why the bathtub though? Why not just wipe it down?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 12:24 pm
I felt it was easier to put all the parts in, sprinkle on some soap and rinse with shower head sprayer.

Other years I’ve done it your way.

My conclusion: the washing was more efficient and easier in tub, the shlepping not. So it mostly evens out.

(During the year I wipe down. Now I had some tough to reach corners and tracks that were sticky so would need to lift shelves either way.)

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 12:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
I felt it was easier to put all the parts in, sprinkle on some soap and rinse with shower head sprayer.

Other years I’ve done it your way.

My conclusion: the washing was more efficient and easier in tub, the shlepping not. So it mostly evens out.

(During the year I wipe down. Now I had some tough to reach corners and tracks that were sticky so would need to lift shelves either way.)

Got it, thanks for the explanation!

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 1:14 pm
Everyone here "turned over"?

No more eating Chametz?

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 1:39 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:

No more eating Chametz?

Nope! Plan is to turn over on sunday. And we are definitely eating chometz this week. If you stop eating chometz now, that means you will not be eating chometz for the next three weeks!

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 1:43 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:

No more eating Chametz?

I didn’t turn over. I’m turning over my kitchen this week. I have some very picky eaters who live on wheat products.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 1:45 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
Nope! Plan is to turn over on sunday. And we are definitely eating chometz this week. If you stop eating chometz now, that means you will not be eating chometz for the next three weeks!

Same. We eat very limited foods on pesach so it doesn't make sense to start on pesach food now.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 1:46 pm
amother Garnet wrote:

You can still eat kitniyos though. And you don’t NEED chametz- salad, soups, eggs, fish….(although my kids don’t eat that stuff…) Whatever we have for dinner is either eaten outside and thrown away in the garbage there, or eaten in the living room on a plastic table cloth on the floor.

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 2:18 pm
For those who have already thoroughly cleaned their fridges, how will you store your Chametz food that needs to be refrigerated?

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 2:23 pm
You can line with plastic table cloth, garbage bag or just store in shopping bags.

The point is that when you turn over, one more job is (mostly) done. Hopefully doesn't need more than a quick wipe.
The deep cleaning of counters, sinks, oven grates before kashering is hard enough. I want at least the fridge out of the way. Oven can also be done early, just use a baking sheet beneath whatever you are making.

I hope to do mine tonight.

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 2:27 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
You can still eat kitniyos though. And you don’t NEED chametz- salad, soups, eggs, fish….(although my kids don’t eat that stuff…) Whatever we have for dinner is either eaten outside and thrown away in the garbage there, or eaten in the living room on a plastic table cloth on the floor.

My kids dont like salad soup and fish.
Eggs were gonna have enough of over pesach.
This week were still having pasta and pizza and eggplant parmesan and bagels Smile

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 2:28 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
For those who have already thoroughly cleaned their fridges, how will you store your Chametz food that needs to be refrigerated?

I take a shopping bag and put the stuff in there and use one of my veggie drawers for that. But I don’t keep real chometz in the fridge. It’s just for stuff like ketchup, cream cheese, etc.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 2:32 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:

We have an extra fridge/freezer in the basement which will be used for chametz.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 2:33 pm
amother Garnet wrote:
My kids dont like salad soup and fish.
Eggs were gonna have enough of over pesach.
This week were still having pasta and pizza and eggplant parmesan and bagels Smile

In my house we are having chametz too, and if you look I said my kids don’t eat any of the food I mentioned….
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry