Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Women’s mikva for during the week

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 10:21 pm
Are there any mikvaos in Toms River that I can go to during the week? If yes please provide the information. I would like to avoid going to the extra busy ones in Lakewood itself.

mommybrr

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 12:27 am
Don't think there's anything in Toms River. Closest would be Belz on Harmony Drive or Mikva Tahara on New Hampshire

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 7:10 am
Are there any not so busy ones in the south side of Lakewood? Like in a development?

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 7:44 am
There are barely any mikvaos open during the week because they aren’t built with prep rooms. And the way Lakewood works if something were less busy then people would all go there and it would be busy. I haven’t been to belz but I know New Hampshire is very well run so it being busy shouldn’t be an issue.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 10:09 am
amother Lavender wrote:
There are barely any mikvaos open during the week because they aren’t built with prep rooms. And the way Lakewood works if something were less busy then people would all go there and it would be busy. I haven’t been to belz but I know New Hampshire is very well run so it being busy shouldn’t be an issue.

I know but I can’t handle late appointments.I heard they give you appointments at midnight sometimes. I barely function anymore at 9 pm.

keym

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 10:21 am
amother OP wrote:
I know but I can’t handle late appointments.I heard they give you appointments at midnight sometimes. I barely function anymore at 9 pm.

Call exactly at 7am 2 1/2 days before you need to go. Keep redialing if you get a busy tone.
You might be able to get early.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 10:51 am
keym wrote:
Call exactly at 7am 2 1/2 days before you need to go. Keep redialing if you get a busy tone.
You might be able to get early.

If I need to go on Wednesday night I would call Sunday or Monday morning? Do you know the number? And is this the newer New Hampshire one?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 10:52 am
You can drive out of Lakewood 40 minutes to Manalapan or Twin Rivers and make appointment there for earlier. No waiting.

amother
Buttercup

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 11:59 am
I never have to go late. I call exactly 7am, 3 days before. I never had a problem BH. I think the late crazy stories are from before they opened New Hampshire. Or for people who call last minute for appointments.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 12:03 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:
I never have to go late. I call exactly 7am, 3 days before. I never had a problem BH. I think the late crazy stories are from before they opened New Hampshire. Or for people who call last minute for appointments.
not last minute. If you call at 8:30 am instead of 7 am you can get a very late appointment.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 12:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m the same way and once I couldn’t dunk because I was so tired and overwhelmed. They said if I get a late appointment again to call and prep at home and they will let me come in for a quick shower and dunk. I think this was the Madison location but I assume they all will do that for you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 12:11 pm
Interesting. I just called and did a pretend appointment for Wednesday night. They had 7 pm Available! Not bad at all.

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 4:54 am
I am like that too, and prospect vines and satmar- Rockwell developments have stunning mikvaos open during the week.

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:16 am
I am not from lakewood and recently needed to be there last minute on mikvah night. I called satmar mikvah that afternoon and the lady was super sweet gave me an appointment whatever time I needed.

The mikvah seems to be brand new and was such a great experience.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:29 am
amother Daffodil wrote:
I am not from lakewood and recently needed to be there last minute on mikvah night. I called satmar mikvah that afternoon and the lady was super sweet gave me an appointment whatever time I needed.

The mikvah seems to be brand new and was such a great experience.
where is it and what’s their number? And do they force you to be inspected or do things the satmar way?

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:45 am
amother OP wrote:
where is it and what’s their number? And do they force you to be inspected or do things the satmar way?

732-338-8148
20 marble way
No they did not do anything extra. I can't even remember if they checked me at all.

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:47 am
amother OP wrote:
it is in the shul basement of the satmar development off cross 20 marble way - 732-338-8138. And my experience was that they did not- they just asked me if this was how I typically prepared… so sweet and sensitive!!!

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 8:07 am
I’ve been calling last minute the past few months and never got midnight appointments. They were all at reasonable times and sometimes even early.

Edit to add maybe that was just the winter. But I did go this past time after the clock change and got a 10 appointment. There was also a choice for a one hour 7:15 appointment which didn’t work for me.

bnm

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:02 am
Belz usually books up quicker than New Hampshire. I call after midnight 3 days before for Belz.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries