Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Credit card debt help
Previous  1  2

amother
Cinnamon

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 11:25 am
amother Sand wrote:
How do I do that? I have a 0 APR card from a different company I would like to transfer 2K and pay it off slowly.

There’s a time limit on how long a card has 0% apr on balance transfers from when you get the card. In my experience you have a short window of opportunity. You can log in to your account and see if you can find a balance transfer offer, or call the company to find out if you still can use it and how to go about doing so.

justforfun87

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 12:36 pm
Ladies, I get it. We think she is irresponsible and maybe she is. Keep in mind though that some people literally live off credit cards due to circumstances. Yes, it is money owed but let's have rachmanus.

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 1:04 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
Ummm they’re not taking advantage of your vulnerability. They’re taking charge of getting their payment. Sucks that you had to get this deep into it.

Your best bet is to find a 0%apr credit card and transfer your debt there and then pay it off as fast as possible.

I actually see both sides to this.

1. A borrower knowingly borrowed money from their credit card. Of course they should pay back the money they borrowed. On the other hand.....

2. When credit cards start charging 25%+ interest, they are knowingly putting the borrower in a position where they might not be able to pay back the loan. They are also forcing the borrower to consider whether it's worth paying back a loan a little at a time when there's such massive interest.

amother
Sand

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 1:46 pm
amother Cinnamon wrote:
There’s a time limit on how long a card has 0% apr on balance transfers from when you get the card. In my experience you have a short window of opportunity. You can log in to your account and see if you can find a balance transfer offer, or call the company to find out if you still can use it and how to go about doing so.

just was approved for one for 15 months 0 APR

amother
Firethorn

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 1:58 pm
Try a debt settlement like angels of debt they get ur payments really low and pay off

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 1:58 pm
amother Quince wrote:
I feel bad that you’re in this situation, I also have a lot of credit card debt. But the tone of this question really rubs me the wrong way. You’re not a helpless victim of the credit card company. You’re a victim of your own choices. Sorry.

So you’re one of this who believes being poor, and being in debt, are simply choices some people choose to make.
If you can’t afford rent, you could always live on the street for no cost. So I guess it’s actually true, expenses are just about choices.
Some choose wisely and others don’t. Simple as that.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 2:01 pm
amother Sand wrote:
just was approved for one for 15 months 0 APR

Congrats! Do the transfer asap so you don’t miss the window of opportunity to do the transfer. In my experience I’ve just had 3 months to do the transfer which then had 0% apr for a bunch of months. If you don’t transfer within 3 months, you can’t do it anymore.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics