Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
A week to Pesach and I still....
Previous  1  2

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 9:11 pm
I’m also feeling super overwhelmed by the cleaning and the cooking. My oldest also has nothing to wear, she’s getting taller so fast and all her dresses are too short but I can’t afford anything new. I try and stay organized by making lists and adding tasks into each day so I know what I will be doing each day.
I find it to be a little less overwhelming that way and I also feel successful that each day something is getting accomplished.
We will get there iy’h!

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 9:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
Didn't clean my
Playroom
Coat closet
Study
Living room
Dining room
Car
Strollers
Freezer
Kitchen-including fridge, oven, sinks, table, chairs, high chair

I still need to shop for groceries to cook

My kids need socks. I have a few pairs from last year but not enough, especially with a 3 day yt.

Teen dd is frantic about shopping for yt and I''ve taken her to a few stores but haven't found anything yet. Except the dress she wanted today that was $160 and there's no way I can afford that now.

My kitchen needs to be kashered.

I haven't gotten any new clothes in a few years and I was hoping to go shopping for myself.

I just don't see this all coming together. Every time I think about it, I want to cry. How do other mothers do this? It feels impossible.

Hi! This is not my first year making pesach and I want to tell you- it's going to work out. I can't tell you the logistics but iyh its all going to come together. Just like shabbos - and all the chaos before licht. I thought I was going to do it better this year- started mamash right after purim. And you know what? My kids are going through rounds of getting sick. I have issues with school to Deal with, my my husband has been stuck late at work (to his credit he tries to come help but he really doesn't have more time to give) and I have no housekeeper, no baby Sitter, and no family support. So I'm back to being "behind". Do I feel like crying?? Absolutely! But I know it's going to work out because it has to. Unfortunately I'll be exhausted but what else is new. I know this wasn't the happiest response but I hope it gives you some comfort through the realism.

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 9:49 pm
Op your list may feel like a lot but you sound on target.
If it helps to hear
no one hear got anything new for yt yet, waiting to be paid at end of mth.
no one has or will get new shoes (too costly)
BH I did a first grocery shop (no meat yet, or wine or milky stuff but did some)
car, kitchen needs to be done, nearer the time.
this week is a regular week of work, making dinners etc and will try do some shopping one eve and maybe one of the fridges one eve. will make shabbos and motsei do kitchen

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 10:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Didn't clean my
Playroom
Coat closet
Study
Living room
Dining room
Car
Strollers
Freezer
Kitchen-including fridge, oven, sinks, table, chairs, high chair

I still need to shop for groceries to cook

My kids need socks. I have a few pairs from last year but not enough, especially with a 3 day yt.

Teen dd is frantic about shopping for yt and I''ve taken her to a few stores but haven't found anything yet. Except the dress she wanted today that was $160 and there's no way I can afford that now.

My kitchen needs to be kashered.

I haven't gotten any new clothes in a few years and I was hoping to go shopping for myself.

I just don't see this all coming together. Every time I think about it, I want to cry. How do other mothers do this? It feels impossible.

Playroom: If you think there is chometz there, empty each container separately onto the clean floor. Put back toys. Sweep up whatever is left. Kids can play with toys on pesach, just not on the table.

Coat Closet: Is there something in there that you're worried has chometz? If yes, take that coat outside (if there's a chance it will be worn on pesach) with a cleansing toothbrush, turn pockets inside out and brush out crumbs. Done.

Study: Sweep and vacuum. If food is generally eaten in there you can check through the drawers or decide to close them for pesach. Leave the sefarim and books alone. They can be read on pesach just not at the table.

Living Room/Dining Room:
Vacuum couch and chairs. Spray and wipe down table. Sweep/vacuum.

All of these are kids jobs, so if you have children above age 6, have them do. It's fun being involved in pesach cleaning!

Get the playroom and coat closet off your list tonight. The study, living room and dining room should be done by the kids tomorrow while you do the freezer.

You can do this!

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 2:05 am
To quote Nike, Just do it!

Make a list and get on it.

I heard a great quote yesterday, there is no mitzvah to clean for Pesach, only to find and get rid of chametz.

Let's be honest, a lot of what we do is not really getting ready for Pesach.

It's one of those things that just pulls together in the end. You'll get there!

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 2:13 am
Op if you are in Lakewood I have about 8 bags full of girls clothes in good condition that I'm giving away mostly sizes x- small and small, some new with tags

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 4:05 am
Thank you op for bringing this up.

I feel the same and Im freaking out that Im not freaking out.

Why am I just wasting my days?

My kids have źillch to wear and cleaning is not done.

Lists dont help.

Im going crazy.

Another mom

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 7:56 am
amother Brickred wrote:
I didn't start at all yet.
I always start around rosh chodesh time.
I clean the kitchen.
Once that is done, I do the rest of the house,
like a regular shabbos cleaning.

It took me years to learn this!! Kitchen first!(maybe dining area first, but that's the idea)
I do more than a reg. Shabbos cleaning, but no need to get too tired out from the other rooms so you can not make Pesach sanely.
Best of luck!!!!!

rachelli66

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 7:59 am
amother Teal wrote:
Can you find cleaning help?
Can I pay for your dd dress?

Really kind of you!! Yasher Koach!

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 8:00 am
It's not a week yet....There's more than a week....BH lol

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 11:38 am
amother Teal wrote:
I would be happy to pay if your dd will be happy and it's 1 task to cross off your list..

mi keamcha yisroel... you are so special, your chesed should be a zechus for your family!

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 3:10 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
Amazon has great quality socks for kids 12 pairs for $12

would you link it? pretty please.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics