Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Kosher for pesach baby food

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 3:47 pm
What kfp baby food products are on the market? Like baby cereals, baby snacks, puréed fruits etc. I checked evergreens website but I didn’t find any baby food kfp. I can’t imagine that the kosher market forgot about babies.
Please share what u will be feeding ur babies this pesach. (My baby is 10 months) Tia

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 3:52 pm
You can make your own baby food year round, but you also don't really need baby food. Most people start introducing finger foods before 10 months even if they started with spoonfeeding. Your baby can eat pretty much anything you eat. Any specific questions about a food you're wondering if baby can have?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 4:12 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
You can make your own baby food year round, but you also don't really need baby food. Most people start introducing finger foods before 10 months even if they started with spoonfeeding. Your baby can eat pretty much anything you eat. Any specific questions about a food you're wondering if baby can have?

I understand that most people introduce finger food earlier and that my baby can have anything I eat but I personally don’t rush into that. I’m currently giving mostly purée (obviously that’s not his main source of nutrition but he enjoys it). I would make my own but we’re planning to be in a hotel for y’t iyh and it’s probably gonna be complicated to have our own food if they will even allow it.
Any other suggestions?

scintilla

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 4:17 pm
I don't use products on Pesach and have never been to a Pesach hotel, so I don't know if my advice will be helpful. That being said, I would imagine a hotel will serve you things like sweet potato, avocado, banana at breakfast etc. So you can mash those with a fork and give it to your baby with a spoon. It's ok if it's not as smooth as manufactured baby food, that's meant for younger ages anyhow.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 4:23 pm
Going to a hotel is the perfect time to introduce baby lead weaning! This way you don't need to prepare a whole bunch of options and figure out what your baby likes, you just put a few of each item from the buffet in front of your baby and just let him go to town. Your baby will have a ball! I would put a large napkin or tablecloth underneath the highchair so that it's easy to clean all the food that your baby drops.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics