Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
France strike? Online order delay

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 26 2023, 11:36 pm
Anyone knows anything about the workers strike in France?

I placed and order online last week, usually it comes in 5 - 6 days. Yesterday I got an email about a workers strike and that my order will be delayed until further notice.
This is such bad timing! It's been almost a week and my order has not even been processed yet! I really need the clothing for my kids for Yom Tov.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 5:29 pm
Bump

amother
Iris

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 5:48 pm
Where are you located?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:39 pm
amother Iris wrote:
Where are you located?

US

amother
Iris

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:43 pm
Can you go to a local store? Order from amazon? Sorry, that's really frustrating. I also made an order for yt and I'm really hoping it arrives in time.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:49 pm
amother Iris wrote:
Can you go to a local store? Order from amazon? Sorry, that's really frustrating. I also made an order for yt and I'm really hoping it arrives in time.

Of course I can but it'll be at least 3x the price! No kidding.
Shabbos shoes with promotion under $30. Shabbos shoes locally min $100 more like $110-120.
my kid doesn't fit well with target and other cheap shoes. They strech and become slides in 2 wears. Verbaudet had really pretty ones and theirs fit ok.

I ordered some really pretty dresses for $28. Locally, the ones I liked we're minimum $108 + tax. Of course there are cheaper options ($75 range) but I really really don't like them. Confused

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:54 pm
I made several orders from France in the past two weeks. They all arrived within three days. Currently expecting a shipment this week - it was shipped out today. What courier are they using for your orders?

mikayla18

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:55 pm
Sorry to derail but which stores do you shop at in France? The prices sound great...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:01 pm
mikayla18 wrote:
Sorry to derail but which stores do you shop at in France? The prices sound great...

I pmed you

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:01 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
I made several orders from France in the past two weeks. They all arrived within three days. Currently expecting a shipment this week - it was shipped out today. What courier are they using for your orders?

It's goes by DHL

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's goes by DHL

I don’t know why your order is affected specially. Have you tried reaching out to the stores customer service? I’ve had good experiences with customer services there - better than the US.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 8:20 pm
amother RosePink wrote:
I don’t know why your order is affected specially. Have you tried reaching out to the stores customer service? I’ve had good experiences with customer services there - better than the US.

I got an email saying it's delayed due to strike. Go figure. But I'll try emailing customer service. Thank you.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 8:52 pm
amother OP wrote:
I got an email saying it's delayed due to strike. Go figure. But I'll try emailing customer service. Thank you.

There IS a huge worker strike in France.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 12:27 am
Ok I emailed them. It's now 6 am so they don't open for another few hours. I really hope I get it in time.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 11:38 pm
so I just got an email that it shipped. YAY. I hope the clothing sizes are right and they fit ok. it's supposed to arrive on friday. BH!

I went out today to shop. The stores were out of sizes, there was little help and the shops were swarming with too many humans... ugh. I ended up coming home with literally nothing. I'm really hoping the dresses fit!

amother
RosePink

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 11:45 pm
That’s great!! At least if not Friday it would arrive before pesach….Where do you shop online?

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:31 am
It’s funny cause I live in France and love to shop in the US. 🤣 the grass is greener

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:48 am
amother OP wrote:
I pmed you

Can you post here because I would love the info as well
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics