Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
HELP....my house looks so bad..
Previous  1  2  3

mandksima

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 3:51 pm
Our master bath is a real mess and I'm too pregnant to get down on the floor to clean it up. We use baby powder everyday because it helps us not get too sweaty but the dust from the powder goes everywhere! It looks like construction dust and needs to be wiped down daily and I'm embarrassed to say the last time I cleaned the bathroom other than the toilet and sink... embarrassed

At some point I might get a cleaning lady for a one time thing (probably before my MIL comes to visit) but I am embarrassed for a cleaning lady to even go in there!

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 5:10 pm
I totally need to call a cleaning lady, but she's going to have to work for a week to get my house in order.

I have a problem (alright, I've finally said it) throwing things out. I get it from my mom. I just don't like throwing things out when they are perfectly good. They can be donated, or someone can use them. Problem is, I don't know where to send all the stuff. I just know a great place to send clothes and linens and bags. But what about the TOYS, kitchen stuff, etc? HELP!

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 5:10 pm
Oh and how to you clean with a toddler running around who messes up more as you clean or even disallows you from cleaning?

Toot

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 5:25 pm
Tip for people who can't get rid of things -
Giving away things you don't need to someone who needs it and appreciates it is the best feeling - it will make you want to give away even more!
So fill up a bag of things to give away, just the few things that you are absolutely sure you can part with, and give it to tzedaka. It will make you want to organize more and find more things to give away - mitzva + organizing = everybody's happy!

octopus

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 5:32 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Oh and how to you clean with a toddler running around who messes up more as you clean or even disallows you from cleaning?

Totally can empathize here. Ds is a one man wrecking crew.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jun 26 2008, 5:36 pm
MorahS wrote:
Tip for people who can't get rid of things -
Giving away things you don't need to someone who needs it and appreciates it is the best feeling - it will make you want to give away even more!
So fill up a bag of things to give away, just the few things that you are absolutely sure you can part with, and give it to tzedaka. It will make you want to organize more and find more things to give away - mitzva + organizing = everybody's happy!
I would love to do that find me a palce to send it

Toot

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 8:42 am
Where do you live?

mama-star

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 10:50 am
cleaning while the kids are young is like shoveling the walk while it's still snowing! LOL

hbeseder

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 3:44 pm
amother wrote:
Is the HaKol Beseder Book available in Lakewood?

The Hakol Beseder book is available at Judaica Plaza, Z. Berman, and one other store. Not sure at the moment.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics