Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Who wants to wash their fridge now? Let’s do it together!
Previous  1  2

nicole81

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 3:46 pm
Does it count if I nag my DH into doing it?🤣

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 7:59 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
I did the fridge yesterday with my kids. I emptied it, then my 15 year old took out the shelves and drawers, and my 6 year old wiped everything down with her friend. They used windex and paper towels.
Of course….I still have to do the freezer….going to do that as soon as my baby goes in for a nap.
Why the bathtub though? Why not just wipe it down?

Just wanted to update. I didn’t end up doing the freezer. My baby is under the weather, and even when he slept, it was only for a little bit. I wiped down most of the counters instead.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 8:15 pm
I line one shelf with plastic and keep all chametz together so I don’t forget anything. Anything crumbly I bag as well. Erev pessach I just roll up the plastic and do a quick wipe over on shelf.

Condiments like ketchup etc I keep in fridge all pessach I just cover with a plastic and tape to section off that area.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 8:17 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Just wanted to update. I didn’t end up doing the freezer. My baby is under the weather, and even when he slept, it was only for a little bit. I wiped down most of the counters instead.

Oh I hope he feels better soon Sad

The freezer was actually the hardest part for me. Lots of buried treasures got unearthed. But we can’t let ourselves be derailed when we fall behind schedule. It’s not running away! You’ll catch up tomorrow.

newinbp

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 8:31 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
Everyone here "turned over"?

No more eating Chametz?

I feel like this is one of the golden nuggets I've gotten from imamother Smile That I can do thorough cleaning jobs before turning over and then right before pesach, after turning over, do a quick once over. This has truly saved many last minute headaches knowing most of the work was already done. Especially this year when I won't likely begin cooking until Monday...for a 3 day chag. I hope to do fridge and freezer tomorrow and pantry iyh, but today I did the chest freezer and big pantry so I can put pesach stuff in it and crammed everything into the fridge/freezer and small pantry. But I made the last sandwiches with crumby bread today, after today we are eating green beans and fish and smoothies and popcorn and rice cakes, just no more Cheerios! Lol Smile

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 8:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oh I hope he feels better soon Sad

The freezer was actually the hardest part for me. Lots of buried treasures got unearthed. But we can’t let ourselves be derailed when we fall behind schedule. It’s not running away! You’ll catch up tomorrow.

Yea, I think I’m really just pushing it off because it’s my least favorite.
Tomorrow first thing I have to call the doctor, and then we’ll go from there.

amother
Peru

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 9:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m going to make my fridge/freezer now.

Pieces in the bathtub and everything.

Goal: to be done by 11.

Who wants to do it with me?

Motivation anyone?

So so practical. Love your motivation

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 10:03 pm
I pushed myself (actually my husband pushed me- “if you don’t do it soon, it’s not going to be kashered tomorrow night”) and 2 out of three counters are wiped down, and all sinks are ready to be kashered tomorrow night. I’m hoping that my 15 year old can do the stone holding (he’s taller than me, so hopefully he won’t get burned) and my 13 and 10 year olds can take care of the towels.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry