Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When to kasher Kitchen... Still need to cook

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 10:12 pm
Not looking for extreme pressure and don't want to make my kids to crazy and chometz free too early.

Wondering when the average normal ltime to kasher my kitchen. I do basic meals we use minimal ingredients and very not dramatic about cooking and baking in general...

Cooking for family of 5

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 10:14 pm
We're a family of 5 as well. I'm kashering on Sunday. But I'm not working next week BH so I'll have all Monday and Tuesday to cook (assuming the kids behave and I'm not mediating too many fights lol)

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 10:18 pm
I don't cook the day of bedikas chometz, and erev Pesach I do everything that must be done fresh. For me, between cooking and baking with minimal ingredients (for my family of 7), I need about 2.5-3 days. Lining and shopping takes a day, so consider if you do'll that before or after kashering.

lfab

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 10:30 pm
I plan to clean and cover my kitchen on Sunday. Hope to do a cooking marathon on Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully my kids will cooperate. This is one of the few times where I have qualms about resorting to using a screen as a babysitter🙈.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics