Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Game: WWYD in this Situation??
1  2  Next

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 9:13 am
I'll start by posting a tough situation.
Next poster responds with their reaction and a new situation!!

Your doorbell rings. Your house is a WRECK! You check to see who it is. It's your (very judgemental) mil!! Surprised
WWYD?

amf

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 9:35 am
Now I know why my mother made me listen to "when zaidy was young" 500 times! It was all in preparation for this moment.
I channel my inner Mrs. Pitkin and totally convince MIL that we're not home

WWYD if you drop your kid off at school one morning after he missed the bus, only to be told he was expelled 3 weeks ago?

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 2:21 pm
amf wrote:
Now I know why my mother made me listen to "when zaidy was young" 500 times! It was all in preparation for this moment.
I channel my inner Mrs. Pitkin and totally convince MIL that we're not home

WWYD if you drop your kid off at school one morning after he missed the bus, only to be told he was expelled 3 weeks ago?

Scratching Head
I would wake up from my nightmare right then and there!

WWYD if baby made a very leaky diaper and you're out of diapers!? You can't borrow from a neighbor because none have babies!

Boca00

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 2:55 pm
Sweetmommy wrote:
Scratching Head
I would wake up from my nightmare right then and there!

WWYD if baby made a very leaky diaper and you're out of diapers!? You can't borrow from a neighbor because none have babies!

Order with Instacart with Priority delivery!

WWYD if your sister is getting married and you went to a million gemachs until you found the perfect dress in the right shade of mint. The wedding is in 2 days and you just found out that the chosson’s grandmother will be wearing the same dress.

Queen Of Hearts

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 3:15 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Order with Instacart with Priority delivery!

WWYD if your sister is getting married and you went to a million gemachs until you found the perfect dress in the right shade of mint. The wedding is in 2 days and you just found out that the chosson’s grandmother will be wearing the same dress.

I would find some sort of sash or embellishment to differentiate the gowns.

WWYD if you meet your friend on the way to the mikvah and she doesn't get your subtle hints to not walk with you.

birdie1

Post Thu, Feb 09 2023, 5:56 am
Sweetmommy wrote:
I would find some sort of sash or embellishment to differentiate the gowns.

WWYD if you meet your friend on the way to the mikvah and she doesn't get your subtle hints to not walk with you.

I'd make a detour, hoping it's not the direction she is headed.

WWYD if you were visiting a friend Friday night and she told you very uncomfortably that she has to to to the mikvah?

Queen Of Hearts

Post Thu, Feb 09 2023, 7:10 am
birdie1 wrote:
I'd make a detour, hoping it's not the direction she is headed.

WWYD if you were visiting a friend Friday night and she told you very uncomfortably that she has to to to the mikvah?

I would say sorry for intruding and leave very very quickly.

WWYD if you found out dh was flirting with a female coworker?

effess

Post Wed, Mar 15 2023, 9:57 pm
I’d probably cry for a week or more before I can say anything

WWYD if you are hosting a kiddush and your nephew has a plate piled high with an exorbitant amount of bold cuts?

rachelli66

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:38 am
I might call my DH over and let him speak with the boy. (It really depends on ages.) if age 6-10 I would do this. Older I might not say anything.

WWYD if your kids are playing with their cousins and your son age 3 shows you his bite he got from cousin age 3.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:41 am
I’d watch them carefully after that and tell his mom.

WWYD if you got a flat tire on a rainy night far from home and out of Chaveirim’s reach? Oh and your cell is dead.

simcha4

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:51 am
rachelli66 wrote:
I might call my DH over and let him speak with the boy. (It really depends on ages.) if age 6-10 I would do this. Older I might not say anything.

WWYD if your kids are playing with their cousins and your son age 3 shows you his bite he got from cousin age 3.

BE"H, I'd go with my son to his cousin who bit him, and show cousin the bite and tell the cousin firmly that we don't allow biting. And he should say, "Sorry."
It's happened that's why I can answer Wink About saying sorry, cousins don't always comply with, esp. at that age. By then, they've wormed their way out and run to their mother.

WWYD if your teenage daughter comes home from school and tells you about classmates who were daring each other that day to do a very dangerous thing, like rappell from the roof of the school down to the ground?!?! (5 storeys) And they went up to the roof, but your daughter didn't follow them so she doesn't know if they actually did it.

GLUE

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 8:23 am
SuperWify wrote:
I’d watch them carefully after that and tell his mom.

WWYD if you got a flat tire on a rainy night far from home and out of Chaveirim’s reach? Oh and your cell is dead.

Years ago when I was still brain washed into believing cell phones were traif, I had this situation
I broke down in front of a Shop-rite with 3 little kids in the car.
I went into shop-rite and used their phone called my sister in law and AAA my sister in law drove 45 minutes to my kids and I waited for AAA to come.
(I also got a cell phone the next day)

Look at Simcha4 question for the next one.

rachelli66

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 9:25 am
simcha4 wrote:
BE"H, I'd go with my son to his cousin who bit him, and show cousin the bite and tell the cousin firmly that we don't allow biting. And he should say, "Sorry."
It's happened that's why I can answer Wink About saying sorry, cousins don't always comply with, esp. at that age. By then, they've wormed their way out and run to their mother.

WWYD if your teenage daughter comes home from school and tells you about classmates who were daring each other that day to do a very dangerous thing, like rappell from the roof of the school down to the ground?!?! (5 storeys) And they went up to the roof, but your daughter didn't follow them so she doesn't know if they actually did it.

Wow. I think I would first call a Mechanach or Torah Rabbi and ask how to proceed and ask. Either way its not great. Someone like Rabbi Wallerstein ZL'' I would ask.

WWYD if you get a present from your great aunt ($100). Do you spend it on yourself (you really need a break) or your children (They need winter shoes).

rachelli66

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 9:40 am
This is a true story. Something like the girls that wanted to fly or jump. My DH was in Yeshiva in Jerusalem in the 80's. Across from Yeshiva were apartments. When you walked into the bldg. there was -3 landing -2 landing -1 landing then walk in. plus 3 above. That means in the entrance of the bldg. you can look over the porch entrance and see 3 flights down. empty space.
My DH was passing in the bldg. and saw a young (19 yr. old) Bochur he was friendly with. The Bochur had his whole Body over the porch landing. Husband ran up to him and pulled at him to come back on the other side of the bars. The Bochur (Who's father is a huge Rosh Yeshiva) said he always wanted to fly and he thought this would be a great place. ( this is all true). Somehow it ended. The boy was full of energy (and nutty ideas). I hope he is married and has settled down. When the Rosh Yeshiva met my husband he thanked him for ''watching'' his son. (This was not a boy with learning problems but just alot of energy).

Queen Of Hearts

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 12:45 pm
rachelli66 wrote:
Wow. I think I would first call a Mechanach or Torah Rabbi and ask how to proceed and ask. Either way its not great. Someone like Rabbi Wallerstein ZL'' I would ask.

WWYD if you get a present from your great aunt ($100). Do you spend it on yourself (you really need a break) or your children (They need winter shoes).

I would buy my kids the shoes.

WWYD your child brings home challah that she made in school. By the seudah she begs you to taste it. You are very squeamish...

rachelli66

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 2:17 pm
For sure would have some and tell her how yummy it is. She will remember you trying it and will want to continue to learn how to bake.

WWYD If your child (ages 13-16) has an amazing Shabbaton from school which is the talk of the year. Her cousins Sheva Brachos is that Shabbos. Would you make her stay home or go with her school? Her Grandparents would really like her to be at the Shabbos Simcha.

simcha4

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 4:50 pm
rachelli66 wrote:
This is a true story. Something like the girls that wanted to fly or jump. My DH was in Yeshiva in Jerusalem in the 80's. Across from Yeshiva were apartments. When you walked into the bldg. there was -3 landing -2 landing -1 landing then walk in. plus 3 above. That means in the entrance of the bldg. you can look over the porch entrance and see 3 flights down. empty space.
My DH was passing in the bldg. and saw a young (19 yr. old) Bochur he was friendly with. The Bochur had his whole Body over the porch landing. Husband ran up to him and pulled at him to come back on the other side of the bars. The Bochur (Who's father is a huge Rosh Yeshiva) said he always wanted to fly and he thought this would be a great place. ( this is all true). Somehow it ended. The boy was full of energy (and nutty ideas). I hope he is married and has settled down. When the Rosh Yeshiva met my husband he thanked him for ''watching'' his son. (This was not a boy with learning problems but just alot of energy).

WOW!!!! Your husband actually saved a life! What a huge mitzvah.

Please note: I just want to clarify: re my Q about a few of my daughter's classmates who were daring each other to rappell from the school roof down: This was NOT a case of girls wanting to jump chas v'Shalom! which Rachelli66 wrote in the beginning of her story, see above.

This was: 3 teachers didn't come to teach that day and somehow the principal hadn't noticed that this class had 3 empty lessons time = 45mins. x 3, which is a long time. The girls were bored stiff, and what happens when some energetic daring teenagers get tooooo bored? They start getting silly...
These few girls wanted to tie a rope to the roof's railing, and one girl who was used to rapelling down cliffs, all her siblings (the teens) could do it when they went on family trips, agreed to rappell down the school building while holding onto the rope.

The outcome:

My husband immediately phoned the principal and told her. Even if the girl didn't rappell down, it was enough that the girls thought of doing such a dangerous thing and were goading her on. Hashem Yerachem!

Again: This WAS NOT a case of wanting to jump. Chas v'Shalom!

rachelli66

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 5:22 pm
simcha4 wrote:
WOW!!!! Your husband actually saved a life! What a huge mitzvah.

Please note: I just want to clarify: re my Q about a few of my daughter's classmates who were daring each other to rappell from the school roof down: This was NOT a case of girls wanting to jump chas v'Shalom! which Rachelli66 wrote in the beginning of her story, see above.

This was: 3 teachers didn't come to teach that day and somehow the principal hadn't noticed that this class had 3 empty lessons time = 45mins. x 3, which is a long time. The girls were bored stiff, and what happens when some energetic daring teenagers get tooooo bored? They start getting silly...
These few girls wanted to tie a rope to the roof's railing, and one girl who was used to rapelling down cliffs, all her siblings (the teens) could do it when they went on family trips, agreed to rappell down the school building while holding onto the rope.

The outcome:

My husband immediately phoned the principal and told her. Even if the girl didn't rappell down, it was enough that the girls thought of doing such a dangerous thing and were goading her on. Hashem Yerachem!

Again: This WAS NOT a case of wanting to jump. Chas v'Shalom!

Understood! Your Husband did the right thing.

ittsamother

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:03 pm
rachelli66 wrote:
For sure would have some and tell her how yummy it is. She will remember you trying it and will want to continue to learn how to bake.

WWYD If your child (ages 13-16) has an amazing Shabbaton from school which is the talk of the year. Her cousins Sheva Brachos is that Shabbos. Would you make her stay home or go with her school? Her Grandparents would really like her to be at the Shabbos Simcha.

She's still young enough that her own experience- the shabbaton- would be way more important and meaningful to her than her cousin's experience- the shabbos Sheva brachos. I'd let her go to the school shabbaton, iyh there will be plenty other family members at the Sheva brachos.

What would you do if your nearly two year old keeps pushing other kids at playgroup, knows if she pushes she'll be put in time out, but still keeps doing it?

rachelli66

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 1:55 pm
Are you the teacher or she is in a playgroup with a Morah. The Morah should do whatever she needs to do to keep the children safe. She might look at time out as her ''attention'' from Morah. Start sending notes to Morah and tell teacher to read aloud. ''Simi brought in the silverware to the Shabbat table by herself'' . ''Simi got into pajamas so quickly! She also remembered to brush her teeth without Mommy asking''. Positive reinforcements.

WWYD if you child says he does not want to keep 6 hrs. between milk and meat. He is 15. He wants to hold 3 hours. would you keep quiet or make it into a whole story?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics