Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
At my wits end 4 and 5 YO daytime
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:24 pm
amother Brown wrote:
You need to trace the trigger of the pinworms. They don't appear out of nowhere.

Send your kids to school with mini hand sanitizer bottles and instruct them to use them every time they use the bathroom and before they eat. Make a contest if you need to motivate them. Pinworms are transferred via the fecal-oral route, so disrupting the path is the ONLY means of prevention. Do what it takes to keep hands out of mouths.

Also, random question--do your children dig in sandbox or dirt? No doctor ever confirmed this for me, but I see a high level of correlation!

Hand sanitizer is nice but it doesn’t kill the eggs. They need to be scrubbed off with warm
Water and soap.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
I already gave medication! I need something that will keep them away! Or else I will be giving them medication every month or two.

I'll tell you what my kids ped right me, reeses pinworm meds DO NOT KILL the worms. It paralyses the worms for 36-48 hours. It cannot lay more eggs.
Your child needs to go to the bathroom, to get rid of those worms and again 2 weeks later for the old eggs that hatched in between. Preferable to do it 3x 2 weeks apart.
Give your child laxatives. Make sure they GO for 2 days for best results.

Kayolic, lots of pineapple juice food grade diamascus earth. All are good to prevent and treat. And if course fingernails diet, wash all linens....

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:50 pm
amother Brown wrote:
You need to trace the trigger of the pinworms. They don't appear out of nowhere.

Send your kids to school with mini hand sanitizer bottles and instruct them to use them every time they use the bathroom and before they eat. Make a contest if you need to motivate them. Pinworms are transferred via the fecal-oral route, so disrupting the path is the ONLY means of prevention. Do what it takes to keep hands out of mouths.

Also, random question--do your children dig in sandbox or dirt? No doctor ever confirmed this for me, but I see a high level of correlation!

Never

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:55 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
I think Paraguard is your best bet. Also look into bioray ndf happy. There is also para 1 and para 2 from tahua. Maybe talk to your dr about ivermectin long term. Also para kits from cell core. Sorry I can’t be more helpful, I am just able to put ideas out there. These are all herbal preparations meant to eliminate chronic systemic parasitic infections and keep them from returning.

Paraguard for how long?
What's this (bold)
Isn't tahua very expensive?
Ivermectin is an interesting idea.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:03 pm
amother Khaki wrote:
I'll tell you what my kids ped right me, reeses pinworm meds DO NOT KILL the worms. It paralyses the worms for 36-48 hours. It cannot lay more eggs.
Your child needs to go to the bathroom, to get rid of those worms and again 2 weeks later for the old eggs that hatched in between. Preferable to do it 3x 2 weeks apart.
Give your child laxatives. Make sure they GO for 2 days for best results.

Kayolic, lots of pineapple juice food grade diamascus earth. All are good to prevent and treat. And if course fingernails diet, wash all linens....

This is so interesting. I actually checked the insert and it does not give any information on the mechanism of action.

This brings me back to the question I've had, is there a point on doing the MOP protocol for this? Can it be constipation that's making it impossible to get rid of it?

Do you know if kyolic is KFP?

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
Paraguard for how long?
What's this (bold)
Isn't tahua very expensive?
Ivermectin is an interesting idea.
I think paraguard says you can use it for 30-60 days at a time but I wouldn't do longer than 60 consecutive days.

Bioray ndf happy https://www.bioray.com/products/ndf-happy
Great product, great brand, you can read the reviews. Good to give it together with ndf calm, which is liver support and will help with elimination (making sure they have regular bowel movements so they're getting rid of all the stuff you're killing)

Tahua is probably expensive but very potent. You use a few drops at a time. I think. No personal experience.

Ivermectin can be a great tool. I personally would not hesitate to use it long term if I had a dr willing to prescribe.

Fwiw there are protocols out there that use pyrantel pamoate (the active ingredient in reeses) long term. You just need a dr to prescribe it to a compounding pharmacy so you can get it without all the nasty additives.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
amother Ebony wrote:
I would treat the kids tonight, tomorrow night, the bedikas chometz night and 1st seder night. Idk if I would bother treating the adults. It doesn't seem like you can control your environment enough to keep them from reinfecting themselves (not in a blaming way, I think this is actually unattainable for most people) You need to make their guts a really lousy place for those worms.
Yes this is what I really want.
You do two days in a row Reese’s?

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
You can definitely do reeses 2 or even 3 days in a row.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 9:56 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
You can definitely do reeses 2 or even 3 days in a row.
What's the benefit?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:02 pm
I gave the first dose on Thursday. When should I give the second dose? Next Tuesday (12 days), or Thursday (14 days) but won't be able to change linen (won't be home).
Another benefit of doing Tuesday is that they will "behave" over y"t.

Today they already "fell back". I guess the eggs have already hatched.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
I gave the first dose on Thursday. When should I give the second dose? Next Tuesday (12 days), or Thursday (14 days) but won't be able to change linen (won't be home).

It takes 2 weeks for the eggs to hatch. Something doesn't make sense. There seems to be more going on here.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
What's the benefit?
You make sure you get every last one of those wrigglies . Then you know for sure only the eggs are left. You wait for them to hatch 2 weeks later and get rid of those babies over 2-3 days.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:10 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
It takes 2 weeks for the eggs to hatch. Something doesn't make sense

Why can't it be from the eggs that were laid 2 weeks ago?

Its not as bad as before treatment, but worse than last few days.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:11 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
You make sure you get every last one of those wrigglies . Then you know for sure only the eggs are left. You wait for them to hatch 2 weeks later and get rid of those babies over 2-3 days.

How long is from hatching to maturity (that can lay eggs)?

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
Why can't it be from the eggs that were laid 2 weeks ago?

Its not as bad as before treatment, but worse than last few days.
You didn't also treat them 2 weeks ago? I mean I guess theoretically it's possible.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
How long is from hatching to maturity (that can lay eggs)?
Good question, not sure.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:12 pm
amother OP wrote:

Assuming it can be given on y"t

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:14 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
You didn't also treat them 2 weeks ago? I mean I guess theoretically it's possible.

No. Thursday was the first dose.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Assuming it can be given on y"t
Maybe do Tues Wed Thurs so you're all covered?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:35 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
Maybe do Tues Wed Thurs so you're all covered?

Good idea. If it's chometz I'll do Tues Wed only.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training