Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Which foundation instead of Estee Lauder double wear

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 9:23 pm
I've used Estee Lauder double wear for years- it is amazing. But it's heavy in the summer and expensive. Is there a dupe for it that is cheaper and lightweight? I've never found anything good.

mushkamothers

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 9:24 pm
mix with moisturizer t o make your own lighter BB cream

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 9:29 pm
TYSM but I'm super busy in the morning - I can't be busy mixing stuff - I need one thing I can shmear on ... my skin has no particular concerns and I don't need major coverage. I do find the Estee Lauder formula is fabulous for my skin so wondering if there is something similar.

amother
DarkGray

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 9:33 pm
I love that foundation too. It works very well for my skin and lasts super well. I only wear it on shabbos though because it is heavy.

During the week, I like loreal freshwear. Comes in a glass bottle with a pump. Applies quick and easy with a damp sponge. Lasts well too.

Amalia

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:48 pm
Bump

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:52 pm
I love the It cosmetics your skin but better cc cream, it feels light on the skin and is buildable coverage.

zoom

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:58 pm
There is an estee lauder light as fsr as I remember

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:59 pm
Maybe try a cc/bb cream?

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:03 pm
The minimalist stick by Merit.

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:04 pm
Bb and cc creams are very very different than double wear foundation. I have tried a few and hated them all. Op, what other foundations have you tried and what didn't you like about them?

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:40 pm
I love the loreal infallible pro matte. Similar to the estee lauder double wear but I think a little less heavy. It's cheap so no harm in trying.

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:49 pm
amother Blush wrote:
I love the loreal infallible pro matte. Similar to the estee lauder double wear but I think a little less heavy. It's cheap so no harm in trying.

How does this one compare to their other foundations including g their other infallible one?

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:53 pm
amother Leaf wrote:
How does this one compare to their other foundations including g their other infallible one?

I found the infallible matte one to wear off my face in splotches.
The infallible glow one looked great at first but got greasy and oily very quick.
I have oily skin.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 8:11 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:
I found the infallible matte one to wear off my face in splotches.
The infallible glow one looked great at first but got greasy and oily very quick.
I have oily skin.

Do you use primer? I use the laura mercier hydrating primer (I suppose you can use their matte one) and never had any issues. It lasts me through shabbos.

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 8:15 pm
amother Blush wrote:
Do you use primer? I use the laura mercier hydrating primer (I suppose you can use their matte one) and never had any issues. It lasts me through shabbos.

I use a primer but not the Laura Mercier one. I use milk hydrogrip. I really like the loreal freshwear foundation. It doesn't last me through shabbos but it's perfect for during the week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics