Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
At my wits end 4 and 5 YO daytime
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:37 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
I think paraguard says you can use it for 30-60 days at a time but I wouldn't do longer than 60 consecutive days.

Bioray ndf happy https://www.bioray.com/products/ndf-happy
Great product, great brand, you can read the reviews. Good to give it together with ndf calm, which is liver support and will help with elimination (making sure they have regular bowel movements so they're getting rid of all the stuff you're killing)

Tahua is probably expensive but very potent. You use a few drops at a time. I think. No personal experience.

Ivermectin can be a great tool. I personally would not hesitate to use it long term if I had a dr willing to prescribe.

Fwiw there are protocols out there that use pyrantel pamoate (the active ingredient in reeses) long term. You just need a dr to prescribe it to a compounding pharmacy so you can get it without all the nasty additives.
what should I do after Paraguard? Kyolic? Any other ideas that's not as bad tasting and can be taken long term?

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:42 pm
Bioray happy can be taken long term I believe

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:10 am
I don’t know if this was suggested yet but have you checked for a UTI?
Lots of accidents is a common symptom.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 9:59 pm
This is absolute insanity.
I did 3 rounds of Reese’s, 3 days each, then 30 days of Paraguard (max that says on bottle) started together with last round of Reese’s. 10 drops (2x5) of grapefruit seed extract daily since (it has worked for them in the past.)

They've been pretty good from pesach time or a bit after. Shavuos and after has been almost perfect.

I've been seeing pimples in the rectal area (which I suspect is a symptom of pinworms) for probably 2 weeks or so. Since end of last week the wetting has gotten noticeably worse. The last few days have been terrible. I counted the underwear from today. 7! One kid 3 the other 4. And that's just from when they came home from school!
Last dose of Reese’s was April 21.
Last dose of Paraguard was May 20 (or 21). It's not even 2 weeks!

I feel this is a lost cause. Why continue treating if it comes right back? Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head

I'm dreading toilet training my next child. I'll be doing it as late as possible only when I absolutely have to (probably around shvat/adar). I cannot handle going through this with another child.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 10:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
This is absolute insanity.
I did 3 rounds of Reese’s, 3 days each, then 30 days of Paraguard (max that says on bottle) started together with last round of Reese’s. 10 drops (2x5) of grapefruit seed extract daily since (it has worked for them in the past.)

They've been pretty good from pesach time or a bit after. Shavuos and after has been almost perfect.

I've been seeing pimples in the rectal area (which I suspect is a symptom of pinworms) for probably 2 weeks or so. Since end of last week the wetting has gotten noticeably worse. The last few days have been terrible. I counted the underwear from today. 7! One kid 3 the other 4. And that's just from when they came home from school!
Last dose of Reese’s was April 21.
Last dose of Paraguard was May 20 (or 21). It's not even 2 weeks!

I feel this is a lost cause. Why continue treating if it comes right back? Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head

I'm dreading toilet training my next child. I'll be doing it as late as possible only when I absolutely have to (probably around shvat/adar). I cannot handle going through this with another child.
Pimples around the rectum could be perianal strep, which can cause wetting as well. I would ask the pedi to have them swabbed over there.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 06 2023, 10:39 pm
amother Ebony wrote:
Pimples around the rectum could be perianal strep, which can cause wetting as well. I would ask the pedi to have them swabbed over there.

Comes up exactly when I finish treating for pinworms? It's not the first time they have these pimples it's always correlated with pinworms.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training