Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
If you're in Monsey - cheapest Grocery for Pesach shopping
1  2  Next

Cheapest Monsey Supermarket to do Pesach shopping?
Bingo  
 52%  [ 31 ]
All Fresh  
 11%  [ 7 ]
Rockland Kosher  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Redilicious  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Hatzlacha  
 5%  [ 3 ]
Evergreen  
 23%  [ 14 ]
Motty's  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Monsey Glatt  
 5%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 59

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 5:12 pm
I usually shop in Rockland Kosher for various reasons. For Pesach shopping I am willing to go elsewhere to save money. If I do my whole shopping order in one place, where will it come out the cheapest? Including chicken and meats, produce, pantry items (sugar, ground nuts), household items (silver foil, paper goods).

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:18 pm
I shop in Rockland kosher all year too because I enjoy the mall there the most but it’s definitely the most expensive grocery in monsey, evergreen is much cheaper but bingo is probably the cheapest

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:18 pm
Following

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:27 pm
amother Natural wrote:
I shop in Rockland kosher all year too because I enjoy the mall there the most but it’s definitely the most expensive grocery in monsey, evergreen is much cheaper but bingo is probably the cheapest

Bingo is cheapest on:
Dairy
Frozen foods
Veggies and fruits
Water
Seltzer
And maybe the Pesachdig staples abs ingredients
Salmon

I find All Fresh and Evergreen to be cheapest on chicken , meat, paper goods etc.

I shop in Bingo often but they don’t always have the selection and variety that I’m looking for and Evergreen always has what I need . Evergreen is definitely a bit more in terms of dairy compared to Bingo, but may be a close second.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:37 pm
amother Offwhite wrote:
Bingo is cheapest on:
Dairy
Frozen foods
Veggies and fruits
Water
Seltzer
And maybe the Pesachdig staples abs ingredients
Salmon

I find All Fresh and Evergreen to be cheapest on chicken , meat, paper goods etc.

I shop in Bingo often but they don’t always have the selection and variety that I’m looking for and Evergreen always has what I need . Evergreen is definitely a bit more in terms of dairy compared to Bingo, but may be a close second.

Yes so chicken meat I also shop in evergreen never bingo but I’m no so sure paper goods are cheaper in evergreen. The paper goods in bingo are really cheap, not the blushine but the basix company

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:42 pm
amother Natural wrote:
Yes so chicken meat I also shop in evergreen never bingo but I’m no so sure paper goods are cheaper in evergreen. The paper goods in bingo are really cheap, not the blushine but the basix company

Papergoods, foil pans, plastic containers, are cheaper at Evergreen than bingo. Not everything in bingo is cheap. Basically only their own brand stuff.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:18 pm
I thought All Fresh is the cheapest grocery.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:20 pm
Bingo has quite a few things that are .10 -.20 more expensive than Rockland/Evergreen. For Chicken they are cheap.

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:40 pm
amother Clematis wrote:
Papergoods, foil pans, plastic containers, are cheaper at Evergreen than bingo. Not everything in bingo is cheap. Basically only their own brand stuff.

But for example foil pans are better quality and sturdier in Bingo than at Evergreen. So I guess you get what you pay for .

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 7:49 pm
Even though technically Bingo seems to be cheaper on certain items, their brand is bad cheap quality, and you usually end up spending waaay more than you typically would've at a different supermarket. They tempt you to purchase more items, spending more money. I usually walk out with a much larger bill than by going to any other supermarket.

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 8:10 pm
amother Offwhite wrote:
But for example foil pans are better quality and sturdier in Bingo than at Evergreen. So I guess you get what you pay for .

Not in my experience.

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 8:30 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
I thought All Fresh is the cheapest grocery.

I shop there on occasion. Their pantry items and frozen food is overpriced.
Some of their veggies and fruit prices are ok.
Shabbos Takeout is very decently priced.
Their dairy is reasonable but not cheaper than Bingo. Their chicken is more expensive than Bingo and their meat is cheaper than Bingo.
Their paper goods are comparable to Evergreen.
They also give a 10% rebate on all non sale items which they send once a month. So if you receive $10 back every week onto your account , your rebate check is $40 and that could be cashed in at your next purchase , which is nice.
Otherwise their fruits and veggies last half as long because it’s much cheaper quality.

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:29 pm
Edited post:
Really pans at Evergreen are more expensive at bingo basix brand?
Anyone do recent comparison, not talking about pesach sales?

gr82no

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:57 pm
I don’t know redilicious pricing but they have some great sales on a few items if you spend 75 on non sale items.
Bingo a lot of their sales aren’t cheaper than the other stores. Their own stuff are poor quality. They don’t have a lot of variety and they don’t accept wic. But it’s the easiest to shop in.
Evergreen is the cheapest for paper goods don’t know about the rest. They have a ton of variety.
All fresh is generally the cheapest. They have good quality stuff. Not a lot of variety and I’m not sure if they are the cheapest for Pesach.
Monsey flatly seemed expensive to me.
Don’t know about the other stores

Gt

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 11:48 pm
Are the prices at the original Evergreen and Evegreen Uptown identical ? Or is one more expensive than the other ?

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 2:18 pm
I'm surprised Wesley Kosher is not on the list. I know it's connected to Monsey Glatt but I don't know if they have the same pricing. They have a lot of my items on sale

yachnabobba

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 5:11 pm
The produce in bingo has been atrocious in my experience.
I find bingo also has ALOT of stupidity tax that I end up buying. So for me evergreen works best.

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 5:25 pm
yachnabobba wrote:
The produce in bingo has been atrocious in my experience.
I find bingo also has ALOT of stupidity tax that I end up buying. So for me evergreen works best.

Really? I like their pears and apples, onions lasted me a while, zucchinis are pretty good and sweet ptotatos are good as well.
Which produce went bad by you?

Also which tax do they have vs other stores?

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 6:23 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
Really? I like their pears and apples, onions lasted me a while, zucchinis are pretty good and sweet ptotatos are good as well.
Which produce went bad by you?

Also which tax do they have vs other stores?

Stupidity tax is my description for things I buy cause I see but would totally not miss it if I didn’t
Specifically cucumbers tomatoes and greens have just not been very tasty

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:25 pm
amother Natural wrote:

Funny you’re saying this I compared pricing with rockland they are more expensive n lots of things I believe it evens out . Evergreen raised prices slowly so people didn’t realize
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries