Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Turning over today and tomorrow
Previous  1  2

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 2:18 pm
amother Pistachio wrote:
Ok just came here to say that this thread title is wayyyy too triggering for me every time I see it on the home page 🤦‍♀️

Thanks for the advice.

Saaame.

Iv barely done anything.

I guess the thinking about it is my actual work. Lol

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 3:16 pm
chouli wrote:
The title says it all. I'm turning my kitchen over today, maybe finish tomorrow. Start cooking and freezing then. We have lots of guests, big family and I don't want to get into pessach exhausted...we will still have some chometz in the dining room. Am I crazy?

Not at all. I usually turn over before Shabbos but that would mean having to do it by Thursday and I won't be ready. I hope I'll have everything ready to go before Shabbos, beH.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 4:00 pm
Can I have everyone’s crockpot recipes for Pesach mains?
I haven’t switched over yet, hopefully we’ll kasher Motzai Shabbos. My biggest concern right now is how am I supposed to go to the Mikvah Friday night when everyone is home? How will I get ready?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 5:26 pm
you do you but that's a lot of pesach, especially since we have a shabbos tagged on at the end.

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 6:28 pm
Not crazy, we turned over this afternoon and began my cooking already. I hate stress and will do anything to avoid it. Were not being home shabbos so thats a help. Will get some takeout over the next few days and dhs job offers meals for employees families next week.

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 11:19 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
Not crazy, we turned over this afternoon and began my cooking already. I hate stress and will do anything to avoid it. Were not being home shabbos so thats a help. Will get some takeout over the next few days and dhs job offers meals for employees families next week.

Meals next week- WOW! But I'm asking, you are making P early to avoid the stress. So isn't today stressful then? Aren't you just moving the stress up a week(or 4 days or whatever?)

chouli

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 12:09 am
Once my kitchen is ready I start cooking. Salads that freeze, kugels, cakes and cookies and all the meats. We don't eat pessach food yet. I still have chometz in the dining room and some possibilities to cook there. Challah for shabbes is in the freezer, we will have some kitniot salads on shabbes that we don't eat on pesach. We eat mostly vegetarian during the week, not much different than what we have on pessach

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 12:34 am
amother Watermelon wrote:
Meals next week- WOW! But I'm asking, you are making P early to avoid the stress. So isn't today stressful then? Aren't you just moving the stress up a week(or 4 days or whatever?)

Huh? Stress? Why would it be stressful if the kitchen is pesachdik? First of all, some people are fine eating kosher l’pesach food now but most like myself brought the chometz to another room. I have a folding table set up in the dining room and that’s like my kitchen counter. It has a microwave, toaster oven, urn and even an electric burner. We prepare our chometz food there and it’s not stressful at all.
Meanwhile in the kitchen, food is being prepared for pesach. Since I’m just 1 person preparing food for close to 20 people for pesach, I am cooking in bulk and stocking the freezer. I’ve been cooking for 3 days already and I still have so much more to do. There is NO WAY I would be able to do this in 2-3 days. Sure, it’s possible to cook after shabbos if we were only cooking for 4-5 people but I don’t think you understand how much food has to be cooked when it’s a large crowd. There’s no way I would be able to do it all in 2 days! That would create a tremendous amount of stress.

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 12:46 am
I meant the last days before your deadline is stressful. Any deadline is stressful to me. I didn't mean the cooking part. AND_ Kol HaKavod for cooking for so many people.... alone!! wow Applause

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 5:48 am
chouli wrote:
Once my kitchen is ready I start cooking. Salads that freeze, kugels, cakes and cookies and all the meats. We don't eat pessach food yet. I still have chometz in the dining room and some possibilities to cook there. Challah for shabbes is in the freezer, we will have some kitniot salads on shabbes that we don't eat on pesach. We eat mostly vegetarian during the week, not much different than what we have on pessach

Which salads freeze? Do you mean dips?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 6:39 am
Just sharing the other side. I function well on last minute adrenaline and have teen help and dislike making my family gluten free a full week in advance or buying too much takeout so I will be turning over over the weekend. (ha the wording is weird, gotta admit!)

If someone doesn't cope well under pressure and doesn't have help and can live on takeout or has where and how to feed the family away from the pesach ready kitchen, go for it!

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 6:57 am
For everyone asking about crockpot recipes, this has some great options:

https://www.kosher.com/article.....ep-84

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:33 am
This too:

https://jewish.momsandcrafters.....sach/
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics