Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Yom tov makeup hacks??
Previous  1  2

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:18 pm
amother Quince wrote:
I like urban decays setting spray
My friend does hairspray for a 3 day yt as setting spray. Drag queens use hairspray

Hairspray works, but if you use it, you should choose one that's fragrance free, and you shouldn't use it regularly.

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:28 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
I’m bad at makeup but this sounds like it’ll look cakey and awful. I’ve never heard of makeup peeling lol, it’s because you’re doing 5 layers.

It actually works really well. I watched several professional artists at work and copied their techniques. I'm BH past the age and stage that I feel a need to do this anymore...(I'll skip makeup some days just for fun...it is so liberating and feels like I've finally graduated adolescence!)

I've never had my own makeup crack or peel, or get oily and globby, but I've seen others' makeup in shul look terrible, especiallyon day 2 or 3. I'm tempted to keep a package of makeup remover wipes in my machzor and tell these women: "sweetie, you'd look so much better if you just took it all off".

(IRL I am very shy, and mind my own business very much, so no worries that I'd actually do such a thing)

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 5:33 am
amother Calendula wrote:
Layer, layer, layer. If I need makeup to last more than 24 hrs, I'll use my regular products and do 5-6 layers, spraying after each 2-3 layers. False lashes are a huge face-lift and can be almost as good as makeup sometimes.

Also, very important: if your makeup does start flaking or peeling over the course of YT, WASH IT ALL OFF. Nothing looks worse than a poorly half made flaky face, even if you think your natural look is awful!

Also, expect to spend a lot of time motzaei YT exfoliating and moisturizing to clean up your skin and pores from having so much product on it for so long.

5-6 layers of each product?

I can't imagine putting that much on!

I love doing makeup and wear a lot of it but this sounds like too much.

I find layering to just make a mess. I use solid, sometimes expensive, tried and true products that I have tried on my own skin and apply them precisely and neatly. I have oily skin so things do disintegrate but I always have eyeliner left by the third day. That's good enough for me!

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 5:37 am
Do a self tanner before yt. I like https://www.sephora.com/produc.....aw.ds

Then get some false lashes done.

Long lasting eyeliner I use sukiru it doesn't budge for days

Buy the 7th day shine blush you can put on your face on yt.

You will look fully made up.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:46 am
amother NeonGreen wrote:
Do a self tanner before yt. I like https://www.sephora.com/produc.....aw.ds

Then get some false lashes done.

Long lasting eyeliner I use sukiru it doesn't budge for days

Buy the 7th day shine blush you can put on your face on yt.

You will look fully made up.

wow!! what do you mean by getting false lashes done?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics