Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Advice on Seminaries

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:50 pm
Fellow Imas,

I need your very knowledgeable help

Looking for a seminary for a girl who is currently in sem not in Israel, but it's not working for her and next year wants to come to Israel (I know, I know, it's super late, but still want to hear).

She is a girl from a frum Bais Yaakov type house who is trying to find herself.
She does NOT want academic, but wants a place where she can learn without pressure and not having to memorize a bunch of Ranbans.
She currently feels suffocated in that place she is in and needs more breathing space.

Please let me know what exists so she she still learn, grow, and be shown the beauty of yiddishkeit.

youngmother6

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 12:06 am
I need more specific information but there’s Sharfmans and Chedvas. They’re every different but both fit your description. Sharfmans is more Modern and Chedvas is much more Bais Yaakov. Chedvas is a Shana bet seminary so it makes sense.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 12:47 am
youngmother6 wrote:
I need more specific information but there’s Sharfmans and Chedvas. They’re every different but both fit your description. Sharfmans is more Modern and Chedvas is much more Bais Yaakov. Chedvas is a Shana bet seminary so it makes sense.

Thank you. Is Chedvas academic? Full day?

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 1:00 am
Sharfman's these days seems to be for girls who have a lot of baggage to work through, fyi.

Chedvas I think is for stronger girls.

I know a girls in a new place called Shiras Miriam, it's tiny, for girls who are figuring themselves out and need space. Look into it.

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:35 am
What about Maor? They really dive into hashkafa. The main idea being, know yourself first, and then we can begin to see ourselves within the realm of Yiddishkite. They allow questions. Work load wise, I'm not certain, but it will definitely not be about memorizing a truck load of Rashi's. It's not the type.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:43 am
amother Amethyst wrote:
Sharfman's these days seems to be for girls who have a lot of baggage to work through, fyi.

Chedvas I think is for stronger girls.

I know a girls in a new place called Shiras Miriam, it's tiny, for girls who are figuring themselves out and need space. Look into it.

I very much disagree regarding Shiras Miriam. They were billing themselves as BY and academic, but it’s a very mixed group this year, low on academics, and (as per our rav I can say this) please please please do your research before sending. There are issues with the principal and how she treats girls.

gottago

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 10:54 am
How about Ateres?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info