Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Bnos binah

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 2:28 pm
Has anyone here gone to Bnos Binah? What was your experience, what kinds of girls go there? Also, did you receive any credits?

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Has anyone here gone to Bnos Binah? What was your experience, what kinds of girls go there? Also, did you receive any credits?

I am close with 4 girls who went there.
Its BY type but much more out-of-the-box
Girls who go to regular BY schools but aren't super Yeshivish.

They accept most girls no matter what background, as long as you are someone who's looking to grow. The friends that I have who attended were struggling in some aspects but were still very good girls.

In the dorm they allow girls to bring their cellphones and no filters are required (which is not up to my personal standards but might be good for someone else)
Filters are encouraged but not required. (There are girls who watch movies in the dorm, so only if you're comfortable with that)

Since the classes end at 1pm, girls can work or do vocational training the other half of the day. Or work a job Which is great because that means they can be ahead of all their friends in their careers.
If a girl who goes is looking for a job, Bnos binah helps them get a job for the other half of the day.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:27 pm
Thanks so much for the reply, it was really helpful! Do you know if there was alot of OOT kids or was it mostly in town?

amother
Opal

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks so much for the reply, it was really helpful! Do you know if there was alot of OOT kids or was it mostly in town?

I know 2 people that are there right now. They told me that there are 14 girls in the dorm and there are 35 girls from Brooklyn who of course don't dorm.

There are some in-towers in the dorm (from lakewood and monsey) but mostly OOT people.

Most of the dorm is OOT, but since the dorm is so small, they don't take up the vast majority of the girls. Plus even the dorm has some in-towners.

BUT- because they are an out-of-the-box place, even the in-town girls are way more friendly than in a typical seminary
Bc when out-of-the-box girls meet other out-of-the-box girls, they tend to bond more.

Also, since the dorm is small, the girls become much closer regardless of where they are from.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 12:08 am
Thanks so much! that helps alot
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info