Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bas mitzvah activity

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 11:27 pm
Looking for fun activity ideas for my daughters bas mitzvah coming up after pesach. Preferably one that doesn’t break the bank. Thanks in advance !

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 1:36 pm
Bump

leaf

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 1:47 pm
What abt quilling? And if you want it to have more content you can have them use the quilling to decorate the cover of a small tehillim or a bencher or whatever. My sil bought velvet contact paper to cover yehillim and the girls decorated...

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 3:30 pm
Would this help?

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....96809

613mitzvahgirl

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 3:38 pm
How about make challah, make candles, do a chesed project- like take the girls to tomchei Shobbos, visit a nursing home, have the girls go to a dollar store or five below,and wrap presents- not the junkie things and bring it to chai lifeline or Ohel and have beach girl write a letter to someone.. this will surely teach derech Eretz,

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 3:48 pm
Iron on patches (can be letters to write out names.. can also hot glue them on) and they can decorate pouches etc..

amother
Oatmeal

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 5:11 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
How about make challah, make candles, do a chesed project- like take the girls to tomchei Shobbos, visit a nursing home, have the girls go to a dollar store or five below,and wrap presents- not the junkie things and bring it to chai lifeline or Ohel and have beach girl write a letter to someone.. this will surely teach derech Eretz,

Really like the idea of making bas mitzvah activity mitzvah-related.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:39 pm
We just had my daughters bas mitzvah. She separated challah for the first time and as an activity, the girls made challah napkin rings out of dough to bake at home. Bh, it worked out so well Smile

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 7:42 pm
https://I.imgur.com/qBdkMlw.jpg

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 11:54 pm
amother Brown wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/qBdkMlw.jpg

Omg so cute ! Did you have to make a ton of dough? I’m afraid I won’t have time to make enough the day of the BM. There will imyh be about 30 girls I think between her class and cousins and neighbors. Such a cute idea

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 11:55 pm
And thanks for all the other cute recommendations 😀

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 12:48 pm
So we needed 20 pounds of dough for the activity:) everyone got a half dough portion. We did it at our daughter's school, so it had to be under hashgucha. We got it from the bakery and they split it into half pound portions. Each girl was able.to make two of the napkin rings pictured.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 12:51 pm
I had her make a batch of dough at home in the morning so she could separate it with a bracha at the party. We took that dough home and finished braiding it later Smile

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 12:52 pm
Lol, the hardest part was collecting enough paper towel rolls to form the challah around!
https://I.imgur.com/rOxzfch.jpg

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 1:07 pm
Depending on where you are doing it,what the guidelines are, and how much money you want to save/spend, you could make the dough yourself and pre-portion it into plastic bags and freeze them so it wouldn't all have to be done the morning of.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics