Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Gesher yehuda

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 7:02 am
I am looking into this school for my son and was wondering if anyone on this site sends or recently sent there. My son is smart but processes slowly, sweet but socially awkward. He does get services which help a lot. Technically is autistic but no sensory issues that I know of. We do not live in Brooklyn but there are few schools nearby that would work for him. Most are for kids who have behavior issues and or struggle academically which he does not. He merely needs support.

amother
Snowflake

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 7:03 am
It sounds like your kid may be fine in a small regular school with some extra supports. Did it not work for him?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 7:05 am
amother Snowflake wrote:
It sounds like your kid may be fine in a small regular school with some extra supports. Did it not work for him?

The school he is in expressed concerns and suggested a special ed school. We are looking into other options such as medication.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 8:24 pm
Also looking into Gesher and my son sounds similar? Can anyone who sends to Gesher please help provide info? Is it a warm caring environment? Are the academics strong in both secular and Judaic subjects? Are the kids happy to go to school? Multi sensory learning? How much homework and tests? Are the kids prepared to be mainstreamed after graduating?

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 8:27 pm
amother Purple wrote:
Also looking into Gesher and my son sounds similar? Can anyone who sends to Gesher please help provide info? Is it a warm caring environment? Are the academics strong in both secular and Judaic subjects? Are the kids happy to go to school? Multi sensory learning? How much homework and tests? Are the kids prepared to be mainstreamed after graduating?

There are two different schools one is gesher yehuda in Brooklyn and one is gesher in the five towns. Two different schools not connected

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 8:29 pm
Yes, looking into Gesher yehuda in brooklyn. Five towns way too far from us.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics