Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
BYA vs Keser Chaya

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 27 2023, 11:04 pm
Differences? Types of girls who go? Hashkafic differences? Is one more yeshivish than the other?

MindOverMatter

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 12:38 am
I can tell you that my DD applied to both, and chose BYA. It seems that there is quite a crossover between the two. Neither are known as being overly hard academically, so they attract the good kids that didn't receive all A's (my daughter gets A's in kodesh, with a lot of effort, and mostly B's in Chol.), there's a mix both places of yeshivish and balabatish maybe? Maybe Keser Chaya is more OOT? My daughter is very social, "put together" but not snobby. Others that she knows that applied to both are similar. Good BY girls.

amother
Banana

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 12:44 am
Both are excellent seminaries. BYA has more run-of-the-mill type of girls while some would say Keser Chaya has more "out of the box" type of girls.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 9:19 pm
amother Banana wrote:
Both are excellent seminaries. BYA has more run-of-the-mill type of girls while some would say Keser Chaya has more "out of the box" type of girls.

Out of the Box in a wholesome way? Or? Yeshivish girls?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 10:09 pm
I would say BYA is slightly more right wing, older, established.

Kesser Chaya, all great girls but I wouldn’t nec call them yeshivish. Out of town vibe- warm, friendly, not into brand names…

miami85

Post Tue, Mar 28 2023, 11:02 pm
I have nieces--sisters who went to both. Both out of town BY type. I will say that the more academically driven ones went to BYA

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 12:29 pm
Thank you! Im finding this information very helpful

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 8:07 pm
Any other thoughts?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:29 pm
When I was in seminary about 7 years ago BYA was more yeshiviah, also more established seminary, the teachers were older and more old school and the keser chaya staff were mostly younger and the girls related well their teachers and principals. I think KC has become more yeshivish and a little harder academically in the past 5-6 years

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 29 2023, 9:48 pm
It seems like BYA got a new principal last year, mid way through.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Nov 21 2023, 7:59 pm
Bump! Anyone have any recent info that they can add?

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Dec 11 2023, 11:24 pm
My daughter got into both so they obviously both look for similar types of girls. That being said bya is more of a "brand name" seminary by virtue of the fact that it's older and more established. When a girl is described as a "bya girl" everyone knows what that means.

Keser chaya does have a name as less academic, more hashkafa based. Personally we sent to keser chaya because I wanted more hashkafa classes even though my daughter can handle academics.

I think the crowds are similar.
Hope this helps
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info