Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Lakewood High School… stressed and discouraged

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 10:28 am
My daughter is such a sweet girl and even though she has academic challenges she’d be an asset to a class with her bright, positive personality. I applied to 4 schools that I thought would be a good fit for her. 2 are popular (Aderes, Oros) and the other 2 are smaller or new. One of them she got a no. and the other 3 were not a no but not a yes. Her principal doesn’t know what else to do and I feel lost and hopeless. I reached out to everyone I know but I don’t know many people with “pull”. I’m nervous to put her in a new school but scared I’ll lose out on everything. And there’s no vaad to talk to.

This process is so stressful that I feel like despairing and giving up.

I’m wondering if it’s true that all the slots are taken and now we’re part of the 100? 200? Girls that have no where to go.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 10:42 am
I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. I hope she gers accepted somewhere very soon!

Just want to say that I know many people who got accepted somewhere they weren't happy about and their dds had a great experience there and they ended up so happy about it. Iyh your dd should have a great high school experience wherever she ends up!

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:56 pm
There is active work toward a new school opening. A big meeting was held this Sunday. Contrary to popular opinion, it is primarily a lack of willing head staff- not money - that is holding things up. Hopefully it will take off and be an attractive and successful option for all these wonderful girls!

GLUE

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:59 pm
Hopefully it would open before Shavous not the day before school starts.

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 11:12 pm
GLUE wrote:
Hopefully it would open before Shavous not the day before school starts.

Yes that's definitely the goal. But it's unbelievable how difficult it is to find a willing principal!

GLUE

Post Mon, Apr 17 2023, 5:13 pm
amother Springgreen wrote:
There is active work toward a new school opening. A big meeting was held this Sunday. Contrary to popular opinion, it is primarily a lack of willing head staff- not money - that is holding things up. Hopefully it will take off and be an attractive and successful option for all these wonderful girls!

Any more news about this High School?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 19 2023, 12:17 pm
Is there anyone to turn to? Is the vaad totally not involved?

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, May 22 2023, 11:40 am
Call your rabbi, your ships rabbi, your husbands old yeshiva connections— anyone and everyone.
Tell your neighbors and friends; you never know who may be willing and able to help you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries