Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
What are you doing for shabbos
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 2:55 pm
I am turning over my kitchen on motzai shabbos and feeling incredibly stressed and not in the mood to make shabbos. What is everyone doing?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 2:56 pm
We're home and probably making our usual menu for being just us. We tried inviting a few different families for Shabbos but we asked kind of late and everyone already had plans. We are away for all of Pesach BH.

amother
Bluebell

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 2:58 pm
We happen to have meals at our shul for Shabbos HaGadol. However in years when we didn’t, I bought kosher l’pesach takeout for Shabbos HaGadol.

sequoia

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:02 pm
Eating toast with cream cheese.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:05 pm
I'm making a regular shabbos menu. But we're using all disposables so there won't be any dishes on motzei shabbos. Turning over sunday morning.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:07 pm
Regular shabos going away pesach

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:09 pm
Going away pesach. Having two families for each Shabbos meal so they don’t need to cook.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:11 pm
Going upstate for shabbos, cooking the minimum, we have a Pesach kitchen so just need to finish cleaning the rest of the house on Sunday.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
I am turning over my kitchen on motzai shabbos and feeling incredibly stressed and not in the mood to make shabbos. What is everyone doing?

My kitchen is turned over. We have a basement, and we will be eating there.

amother
Chestnut

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:00 pm
Regular Shabbos with guest and home pesach with guest.
Yes, I’m exhausted!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:02 pm
We’ve been eating chometz in the dining room because I turned over the kitchen this week. I have a table set up with an urn, microwave and toaster. The microwave is fleishig so I can use it to heat things up. I’ll plug in the crock pot and make Chulent. I can also keep things warm using the cover of the crockpot. I have challah in the freezer, will buy fish, soup, probably chicken fingers…. I will heat up frozen broccoli in the microwave, I have franks n blanks in the freezer and sorbet… Chulent, turkey roll and beef jerky shabbos day.. jars of pickles, bag of lettuce …
Hopefully it will satisfy everyone.
Motzei shabbos we will do the dining room.

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:02 pm
Lining the crockpot with foil and baking paper, so clean up will be easy, and making an overnight potato kugel. Buy takeout schnitzels, and make a salad.

Highstrung

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:07 pm
Regular Shabbos . No stress.
On Motzai Shabbos will self clean the oven
Will scrub my counters one more time. Won’t use the kitchen sink from Friday night .
Will wash dishes in my dishwasher on M”S
Will kasher iy”h Sunday morning .
Crockpot will be washed in the bathroom

essie14

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:11 pm
We are turned over. We are having KFP food made by moi on disposable plates and disposable cutlery with pita for minimal mess. Perhaps will eat on the porch, weather permitting.
The dining room will get cleaned for pesach on motzash.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:14 pm
essie14 wrote:
We are turned over. We are having KFP food made by moi on disposable plates and disposable cutlery with pita for minimal mess. Perhaps will eat on the porch, weather permitting.
The dining room will get cleaned for pesach on motzash.

I’m doing exactly the same

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:18 pm
Regular shabbos. We will do a bunch of quick loads in the dishwasher and change over on Sunday. We will have to buy challah since I have none left in the freezer. When we unload the dishwasher, we will pack away the dishes.
The final pesach food delivery is Monday night, so everything needs to be ready by then.
We will be home, as always. My parents will be coming for the last day.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:19 pm
Going out Friday night to a community Shabbos dinner fortunately scheduled for this weekend.

Shabbos day, will have a big salad, tuna salad, and challah I already have in the freezer.

Goal is to have kitchen more or less clean and no hot chametz in sink over shabbos, so I can do a final clean, kasher sink, cover motzei shabbos.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:22 pm
Kashering Motzei ih. Entire shabbos is in disposables.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:23 pm
Hope to turn over motzei shabbos iyh. Were eating regular food with guest in the kitcken. Hope 3 days is enough to cook and bake everything….

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 5:20 pm
We are hosting my in laws for shabbos and pesach. We are actually hosting a kiddush in shul for our 2 month old daughter. We are having normal shabbos food. My kitchen and dining room aren't turned over yet but all the pre turning over organizing is done. I'm planning on hiring 2 bochurim to come help with the cleaning and covering on Sunday. We don't kasher we use an electric burner and toaster oven and sink inserts.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note