Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Corrugated plastic counter covers
Previous  1  2

pause

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 10:07 pm
seeker wrote:
Wow. I'd love for my floors to be clean enough for me to do this with confidence. Maybe I'll clean the dining room table first and lay things out there.

When you say the shape of cutouts you mean like the sink? Trying to figure out what needs to be cut out. Do you cut the sink out of a solid sheet or do you just have the counter piece go up until the sides of the sink and then do the front and back separately?

Sink, faucet, water spray, filtered water spigot (on one sink). I tried to use as few pieces as possible to avoid the water running in and under. It's a smoother look and makes it easier to use.

After the first year, I learned to tape off the edges with counter tape so that the water doesn't seep in and sit there all YT.

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 10:13 pm
amother Clear wrote:
Regarding tape - if you are taping two pieces of corrugated to each other, use good quality strapping tape. It will not allow water to go through to the counter if you tape well.

If you decide to tape it to the counter, use the counter tape sold in hardware stores this time of year. That is the easiest to take off after pesach.

We always leave some plastic hanging off the edge of the counter (folded down) like a tablecloth. This really keeps liquid from going onto the counter. The way to do this is to leave the plastic a few inches deeper than your counter. Then using a razor, make a shallow cut in the corrugated plastic along the edge of your counter - cut the top layer only and then fold it over. Then you put strapping tape all along the fold so no water should enter into the plastic.

And the best way to keep these counters clean is to always cover with a plastic tablecloth while working on the counter.

Thank you for these tips! Going to try to do this. Except the tablecloth part, too many things, will just keep wiping like we always do

seeker

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 10:14 pm
pause wrote:
Sink, faucet, water spray, filtered water spigot (on one sink). I tried to use as few pieces as possible to avoid the water running in and under. It's a smoother look and makes it easier to use.

After the first year, I learned to tape off the edges with counter tape so that the water doesn't seep in and sit there all YT.

How do you keep water from getting under at the edge of the sink/ faucet?

pause

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 11:00 pm
seeker wrote:
How do you keep water from getting under at the edge of the sink/ faucet?

Counter tape around all the edges.

seeker

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 12:22 am
I've never heard of "counter tape." Is this a frum thing? What actually is it? It's sticky enough that it doesn't let water come in straight from the faucet and yet it removes without residue? What else did the same people invent?

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 12:35 am
I don't know what counter tape is either.

I use waterproof tape that comes on a roll and you peel off of a paper.

extremely sticky residue. Use minimally

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 12:42 am
seeker wrote:
I've never heard of "counter tape." Is this a frum thing? What actually is it? It's sticky enough that it doesn't let water come in straight from the faucet and yet it removes without residue? What else did the same people invent?

It's a frum thing. You can find it at the kosher supermarket from a brand called Ocean Blue 118 (white roll). Don't love that it doesn't last long but it's nice that it doesn't leave much residue and I bought it again.

nicole81

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 7:24 am
I use weatherproofing tape from amazon. I bet that's exactly what the counter tape is, except maybe better quality.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics