Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Silver tip roast

ttbtbm

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:42 pm
I know, I know, it’s super lean and needs to be served medium rare and fresh to taste good but my crew doesn’t eat meat like that Sad
Is there any cooking method that will magically make a silver tip roast into something super tender even when well done?

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:45 pm
I make this recipe and it’s delicious

Ingredients:
1 2-lb silver tip roast
4 cloves garlic
2 onions sliced
Salt and pepper
Oil

Season roast with salt and pepper
In a pot, heat oil. Add onions and sauté on low heat. Add garlic and saute. Move onions and garlic to the side and add roast- sear on all sides. Add about a cup of water (or a little more, make sure there's water on all sides and it doesn't burn out). Bring to boil and quickly lower flame to low. Simmer on low for 2 hours. Slice when cold.

This is from faigy murray's instagram page.

Amethyst

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:51 pm
I like my meat well done.
I mix 1 packet onion soup mix with 1 can cranberry sauce, pour over meat in pan (usually for approx. 2-3 lb silver tip roast).
Bake on 350, sometimes I lower it after two hours. I usually do about an hour per pound, then check with a fork if it goes in easily. If not, then I do for a little longer.
Once it has cooled, I slice and let it sit in the sauce for more time, it does well sitting overnight in the fridge like this or freezing it sliced in the sauce and then heating up.

The person who gave me this recipe told me she sometimes puts wine in the sauce too, but I am not familiar with what type, how much, etc.

ttbtbm

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:57 pm
Thanks! Allrhingsblue, can I make ahead and freeze?
Amethyst, is this recipe specifically for a silver tip roast?

Amethyst

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 9:16 pm
ttbtbm wrote:

Amethyst, is this recipe specifically for a silver tip roast?

That's what I make it with.

Just want to add that I think I usually do an hour per pound on 350, and then maybe lower it after I check with a fork and see how it's doing... But if there is a strong smell of it cooking at some point then I may lower it a little then...

And by one packet onion soup mix, I mean one packet that comes in a box of two packets. You can use soup mix that comes in a container, just not sure what the measurement would be.

bel

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 12:24 am
Do you cook it covered or leave it uncovered if you bake it in the oven?

Amethyst

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 12:33 am
bel wrote:
Do you cook it covered or leave it uncovered if you bake it in the oven?

Covered. I uncover once I take it out of the oven. Sometimes at that point I also take the meat out of the liquid and let it cool separately so it cools quicker. Slice only once cooled!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics