Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach programs that cancel. What do you do?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 7:15 pm
amother Bone wrote:
Without exaggeration this is everyone’s worst nightmare. No idea what we would do. Bezh we should never know

This is so far from my worst nightmare. It’s inconvenient and stressful, but it is not the worst thing in the world. Let’s put things in perspective.

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 8:19 pm
Some people really can't/shouldn't be making pesach, whether it's for physical health or mental health reasons.
It's not poshut to just say, it's oky, everyone can !and it in a week.
Some people have a lot of stuff in their lives and really cant, and pesach programs are perfect for them

rikkik

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 9:17 pm
Hey- so, I am one of the ones who was signed up for this program. I was supposed to go there with my extended family.
It is extremely stressful. We paid a ton of money (in full) and I really don't know how he can ever pay it back!
That being said, I take extreme affront to those that posted here that he must be a crook. He is one of the nicest, most ehrlich people I have ever met, and I am saying this a someone who should be really angry at him right now! I am upset for myself, but I think that I am even more upset for him. My loss is more temporary, his is so much worse. I don't see how he can recover from this. He has a wife and children to support. He tries his hardest to bend over backwards to please his customers, and, like I said before, he is the absolute nicest person.
My heart goes out to him and his family.

tichellady

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 9:22 pm
amother Gray wrote:
This is so far from my worst nightmare. It’s inconvenient and stressful, but it is not the worst thing in the world. Let’s put things in perspective.

I thought the same thing. it's definitely very challenging and frustrating but not even close to worst nightmare situations

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 9:30 pm
amother Bone wrote:
Without exaggeration this is everyone’s worst nightmare. No idea what we would do. Bezh we should never know

Is this a joke? Worst nightmare?

Cheiny

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 9:49 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
Some people really can't/shouldn't be making pesach, whether it's for physical health or mental health reasons.
It's not poshut to just say, it's oky, everyone can !and it in a week.
Some people have a lot of stuff in their lives and really cant, and pesach programs are perfect for them

I agree, yet everyone somehow managed during covid.

tichellady

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 9:51 pm
Cheiny wrote:

why do you think everyone managed? I heard from my rabbi that he got a lot of calls about people having major mental health issues and marriage issues during this time. not everyone managed well

socialbutterfly

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 9:53 pm
Cheiny wrote:

But then there was time to prepare. Having your plans switch on you less than a week before pesach is pretty bad

Cheiny

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 9:59 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
I don't go to pesach hotels, but my boss does.
He pays by check - first a deposit, and then another check for the balance around a month later.

30k.

We only pay with a credit card.

amother
Clover

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 4:26 am
You can't control everything. You can only do your hishtadlus.
My relatives used a top lawyer to read the fine print before they bought their house and he "forgot" or "neglected" to mention very important facts about the house which effectively means that they took a huge loss on the house.
Paying with a cc is great but doesn't mean you will never have problems

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 4:30 am
I hope u got an insurance.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 4:36 am
There are lawyers for this type of stuff.
I use cc on small purchases just I'm case I need to dispute just a safer way not totally fool proof

Oy sounds like a disaster 😕

amother
Geranium

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 4:41 am
Rikki that's so crazy so what are you all doing now?
How many in your group?
How much money did you lose?

Chloe22

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 5:08 am
Sometimes when I want to send money with Zelle, a screen pops up asking for my debit card number and my password. So I close out Zelle and use another bank account where it goes straight through. I go inside the post office to mail any checks so they don't get stolen and altered.

amother
Milk

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 5:34 am
kgh180 wrote:
Sometimes when I want to send money with Zelle, a screen pops up asking for my debit card number and my password. So I close out Zelle and use another bank account where it goes straight through. I go inside the post office to mail any checks so they don't get stolen and altered.

That's actually to protect you and confirm that noone is hacking your account and it's really you trying to send the zelle and not someone else, who hopefully won't have access to your debit information.

Amarante

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 6:07 am
kgh180 wrote:

I don't understand how thus can happen. When I belle someone money, I go to the website of my bank and use the Zelle option in the pull down menu. There is a final screen that confirms I am sending X dollars to Y person and then I click confirm.

As a PSA, never never never visit your financial websites on a public Wifi network because they can be intercepted and hacked. If you really must for some reason, use a VPN to protect it.

And of course never use a public computer like one at the library as malware can be installed which captures key strokes.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, Apr 02 2023, 8:11 am
rikkik wrote:
Hey- so, I am one of the ones who was signed up for this program. I was supposed to go there with my extended family.
It is extremely stressful. We paid a ton of money (in full) and I really don't know how he can ever pay it back!
That being said, I take extreme affront to those that posted here that he must be a crook. He is one of the nicest, most ehrlich people I have ever met, and I am saying this a someone who should be really angry at him right now! I am upset for myself, but I think that I am even more upset for him. My loss is more temporary, his is so much worse. I don't see how he can recover from this. He has a wife and children to support. He tries his hardest to bend over backwards to please his customers, and, like I said before, he is the absolute nicest person.

Thank you for posting! Mi keamcha Yisrael! You have made a huge kiddush Hashem posting as you did! Thank you!

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 8:26 am
rikkik wrote:

Nicest, most Ehrlich people don't take others money, run and blame everyone else.

You should be angry at him. You're being taken advantage of by a narcissistic person. This isn't the first time he screwed people over, especially vendors. How ehrlich!

fmt4

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 9:01 am
amother Bone wrote:

Really??? Everyone’s worst nightmare? I hope this is a joke.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 9:19 am
fmt4 wrote:
Really??? Everyone’s worst nightmare? I hope this is a joke.

Yes, for everyone that was supposed to be at that program, it's the worst nightmare that the program cancels last minute. Of course if you weren't supposed to attend, it's not a nightmare for you.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics