Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Black or white roller blinds, kitchen?

Busybee5

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:40 pm
In our new extended kitchen we have 3 large floor to ceiling windows. I want blinds on them for when it gets dark outside, but would you go for black or white? My kitchen is going to be black, mostly very pale gray and gold accents, taps etc.
If I go for white, they might get grubby looking fast and look a bit blah. Is black too stark?

Eta: I'd get patterned if I could afford it. I might look into it but for now would a simple solid coloured roller blind look okay?
Or charcoal grey?

Happydance

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:56 pm
I’d go with charcoal grey

SuperWify

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:58 pm
Beige with gold tones? Definitely not black it would be too dark.

You want something light filtering.

Busybee5

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:03 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Beige with gold tones? Definitely not black it would be too dark.

You want something light filtering.

Thanks, so to clarify...
I want them completely up and out the way during day/light time. They have white Georgian bars in and they're beautiful so don't need covering during the day. They're pretty private, although a couple of back to back neighbours (non Jews ) could possibly see in if they really tried to. It's more for a cosier feel, and obviously when it's dark outside and light inside people can you see in much clearer.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 4:24 pm
Busybee5 wrote:
Thanks, so to clarify...
I want them completely up and out the way during day/light time. They have white Georgian bars in and they're beautiful so don't need covering during the day. They're pretty private, although a couple of back to back neighbours (non Jews ) could possibly see in if they really tried to. It's more for a cosier feel, and obviously when it's dark outside and light inside people can you see in much clearer.

I still think black and even grey would be too dark of a look for a kitchen. I have light colored blinds in a kitchen.

schoolbus

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 5:24 pm
I would only do white. are your walls painted white?

Olive

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 5:29 pm
Light color only.

Busybee5

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 2:44 am
Thanks everyone.
The walls will be painted a light colour. You can google dulux Egyptian Cotton paint. I'm in the UK. That's the color I'm going for.
The window frames and Georgian bars are white btw

schoolbus

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 5:48 am
I would do like a cream color to match the paint. That’s my preference. Btw I’m not an official interior designer but I helped many people with designing, it’s my hobby

613mitzvahgirl

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 8:35 pm
Hi I’d do a white .. this way you’ll feel better when it’s bright.. dark colors make it depressing..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars