Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What age for first art supplies?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 11:39 am
Crayons/ finger paint?

How do you keep your house intact, and the art supplies out of their mouth? Or if they're still mouthing things at 1.5 I should continue to wait? I think she would enjoy them otherwise

BrisketBoss

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 11:42 am
There are food safe options that you can look up! For mess you can put something down and restrict them to the area, or go outside.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 11:48 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
There are food safe options that you can look up! For mess you can put something down and restrict them to the area, or go outside.

https://www.amazon.com/Honeyst.....ydWU=

Wow who knew crayons could cost so much!! Thank you though

amother
Honey

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 11:49 am
They need supervision with art supplies up to age 3-5 depending on the kid
So if you’re willing to supervise, 18 months is a great age. If still mouthing everything get stuff that’s safe enough to eat.

amother
Strawberry

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 11:51 am
Depends on the kid. U will know when ur toddler is ready. One of mine was coloring at a yr the other at 18m. If they are eating the crayons sits probably too early. I don't think it's hamrful but they r clearly missing the point Wink

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 11:52 am
amother Honey wrote:
They need supervision with art supplies up to age 3-5 depending on the kid
So if you’re willing to supervise, 18 months is a great age. If still mouthing everything get stuff that’s safe enough to eat.

Thank you

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 11:52 am
amother Strawberry wrote:
Depends on the kid. U will know when ur toddler is ready. One of mine was coloring at a yr the other at 18m. If they are eating the crayons sits probably too early. I don't think it's hamrful but they r clearly missing the point Wink

Lol! I guess we could try and see what she mostly does Wink

tichellady

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 11:59 am
I make finger paint out of yogurt or mayo, you can make your own play dough and jello is super fine to play with

if you have the energy for it, it's great for the kids but if it feels too overwhelming you can skip it

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 12:11 pm
tichellady wrote:
I make finger paint out of yogurt or mayo, you can make your own play dough and jello is super fine to play with

if you have the energy for it, it's great for the kids but if it feels too overwhelming you can skip it

Yogurt is a great idea! I'm thinking maybe to color with blueberries although the staining LOL

Although now that I'm thinking about it, won't she learn that it's OK to eat art supplies?

Stars

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 12:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
Yogurt is a great idea! I'm thinking maybe to color with blueberries although the staining LOL

Although now that I'm thinking about it, won't she learn that it's OK to eat art supplies?

Don’t overthink this LOL let’s her have fun. It’s great for babies to play with their food, for many reasons
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics