Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Is light period normal?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 10:35 am
dds periods are very light. Is that normal?
Like she says she only needs to use 1 pad a day for a few days. I told her it should be needing about 5-7 pads a day. could it be some people just get light ones and some get heavier?
Maybe mine are just very heavy?

Is been a few months since she started. She started menstruating very late and she says this is how its been since the beginning.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 11:11 am
5-7 pads per day sounds very heavy to me, but maybe I'm also a bit dehydrated and don't go to the restroom as often as I should.

How late is "very late"? Periods tend to be all over the place when people start, but it probably depends on the age. I got my period young and had quite heavy and agonizing ones for the first 2 years or so. They settled after a while.

One pad a day does sound pretty light, though.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 1:36 pm
she got it at 17.
Bumping for any more opinions.

scruffy

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 1:52 pm
For hygiene reasons, it should be changed a couple of times a day, but saturating 5-7 pads per day seems very heavy to me.

amother
Canary

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 3:13 pm
Which pads?
When I was a teen I only needed one a day. I did change them just for hygiene reasons though. After having a baby it’s heavier, I need like 3 a day.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 4:15 pm
My first few periods beginning at age 14 were literally spotting, probably not even every month. They got heavier and more painful later on but who wants that?

amother
Eggshell

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 4:16 pm
Starting at 17 and that light, I'd want to have it checked out

amother
DarkPurple

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 6:32 pm
If you’re concerned check it out by a gynecologist.

I always had light periods (even postpartum I had minimal bleeding, was technically able to not change pads all day) and I had 3 kids bh at 24.

She should change her pads because it can lead to infection.

shaqued_almond

Post Fri, Mar 31 2023, 6:33 pm
Is she very petite or short? That might explain it

amother
Vanilla

Post Sat, Apr 01 2023, 4:30 pm
Sounds perfectly normal to me.

5-7 pads/day sounds very heavy.

amother
Lemon

Post Sat, Apr 01 2023, 9:06 pm
My sister has/had short cycles and light periods. I had longer cycles and very heavy periods. Such as my early miscarriage at 5.5 weeks wasn't that different. Seeing as I had 5 week cycles as a single girl that's not surprising.

amother
Green

Post Sat, Apr 01 2023, 9:33 pm
Sounds very normal especially for a teen. It sounds like your periods are very heavy. There is a very large spectrum of normal when it comes to periods. Different lengths, frequencies, amount of blood, etc. If you have any concerns though you should speak to a gynocologist.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children