Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher restaurent in anehaim

Appletree

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 1:08 am
Does anyone know of a kosher restaurant in anehaim calofornia? or next to it not far

loveit

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 1:49 am
Here's a list of kosher resources in Orange County. I'm not sure how close any of these are to Anaheim specifically. However, if you're asking because you're going to Disneyland, you can order kosher meals there. THey're essentially just kosher airline meals if I remember correctly, and you're allowed to bring your own food into the park and they have picnic areas for you to eat.

su7kids

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 1:52 am
sarahliz wrote:
Here's a list of kosher resources in Orange County. I'm not sure how close any of these are to Anaheim specifically. However, if you're asking because you're going to Disneyland, you can order kosher meals there. THey're essentially just kosher airline meals if I remember correctly, and you're allowed to bring your own food into the park and they have picnic areas for you to eat.

I don't see the list -- didn't know there WAS a kosher restaurant in Anaheim. But I also remember NOT being permitted to bring in food. There are lockers outside the front gate where we used to put our food and then go out for lunch to eat.

Otherwise you have to sneak in food, which is against their laws.

loveit

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 2:04 am
http://www.ochillel.org/oc/kosher.php

Sorry, thanks for that, I forgot to paste it!

They must have changed their rules recently then. When was the last time you were there? We went 2 years ago and starved because we thought we couldn't bring anything in, but then we found out you could. They don't check bags or anything.

OP, if you are going to Disney, I woudl check, because from what Ir emember and in talking ot friends recently about possisble going there, you can bring in food.

Appletree

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 7:44 pm
Thanks so much for your help ill check out the link you send me.

ss321

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 9:42 pm
yea I really dont think disney has any rulees against bringing food in. THey have lockers inside hte park you can store things at, there are also tons of stores and kiosks where you can definitely find kosher snack items ranging from ice cream to pretzels, lays, popcorn, soda, juice, milk, tzizzlers etc. And your best bet is this http://www.mouseplanet.com/drr/drrkosher.htm - the disney hotels and hte park itself have prepackaged kosher meals, you should just be prepared to wait - while everyone else at the fast food restaurants gets their food FAST (orders it and picks it up within 2 mins), it takes like 15-20 mins to warm up the kosher frozen meals. The chicken nuggets are REALLY good though, and so was some sort of steak we got once...

bonitag1

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 2:07 am
I also don't believe there is a kosher restaurant in Anaheim (apart from packaged meals at Disneyland) but for a list of kosher restaurants and groceries in Southern California check out kosherquest.org or email Rabbi Eidlitz at that website for updated information.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics