Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Giving "the talk" to my 10 yr old daughter advice
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Apr 07 2023, 10:08 am
I told my 10 year old recently (just before she turned 10 actually). 4th grade. I heard in 5th grade and kids these days are hearing younger and younger. But there are 4th fraders who get their periods and already know about puberty and s-x. Much better to hear from me than some version from friends.

Just keep it short, it is something that just husbands and wives do together, and that's how babies are made from both parents. I would then answer questions rather than give more information directly.

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Apr 08 2023, 11:00 pm
The proof is in the pudding. Our system of how & when to give a from kid a sx education has bh worked for generations.

How many pregnant teen girl or s-xually active teens are in your avg frum school vs a public school teen ?

And are those giving kids an early education more protected against abuse and rape? Looks like not according to any statistic our there...

Personal safety talks and puberty talks are an absolute must for kids... But how one gets pregnant?! Nopesy.

sequoia

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 2:53 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
The proof is in the pudding. Our system of how & when to give a from kid a sx education has bh worked for generations.

Literally a new thing.

Why is post WWII stuff presented like “the good old days”?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 3:01 pm
amother Wheat wrote:

How many pregnant teen girl or s-xually active teens are in your avg frum school vs a public school teen ?

And are those giving kids an early education more protected against abuse and rape? Looks like not according to any statistic our there...

Personal safety talks and puberty talks are an absolute must for kids... But how one gets pregnant?! Nopesy.

A girl in my class that grew up extremely yeshivish and sheltered went through a very rebellious stage and had s-x with a boy. She told my friend about it and my friend asked if she was on birth control. The girl didn’t know what that was, or that unprotected s-x leads to pregnancy. That is the consequence of her parents sheltering her, and not giving her the information every pubescent woman (and man) is owed.

Our mechaneches got involved and the girl didn’t end up pregnant but a pregnancy would have occurred if not for the girl confiding in someone knowledgeable.

One teen pregnancy is too much if you ask me.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children