Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Dutch Wonderland In Lancaster, PA

frumnurse

Post Fri, Jun 27 2008, 6:50 pm
If you are planning a trip to Dutch Wonderland this summer then visit my classified ad on this site ( under the everything else category) to find out how you can get discounted tickets ( save $7 per ticket.)

cindy324

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 11:17 pm
I certainly will!

We actually had plans to go next sunday (July 6), but my kids are not that interested (we were gonna meet up some friends from Philly there) add that to the fact that tickets are $30 each, we're 5 so that's $150, we were thinking of skipping it, but now, I'm reconsidering Very Happy

Beauty and the Beast

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 11:21 pm
is it an interesting place for a 2.5 year old?
do adults enjoy it?

frumnurse

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 8:48 am
Yes! It is the perfect age. It is a very relaxing place to go with young children. Also the availability of hot kosher food makes it a plus. (Your child's admission is FREE)

gryp

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 8:53 am
LOL, we should have a meet there. I keep planning on going but haven't made it yet.

Imhappy!

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 11:21 am
I have been there and I found that my 2 year old had a wonderful time indeed however the park is more for older kids ( and adults...) there were only a certain amount of rides she was able to go on. we did have a wonderful time but I would wait till the kids is bigger to take her again.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 12:19 pm
frumnurse wrote:
Yes! It is the perfect age. It is a very relaxing place to go with young children. Also the availability of hot kosher food makes it a plus. (Your child's admission is FREE)

where is there an availability of hot kosher food?? more info please! Thanks

yikes!

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 12:34 pm
Hot Kosher food seems wayy too good to be true!! Disneyworld was a disastrous trip for us since I NEED MY FOOD and get very grumpy. How far is Dutch Wonderland from Brooklyn?

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 2:25 pm
yeah, when I went to orlando, we paid 10 bucks for a peanut butter sandwhich. We took the trip on a whim, so we did not have enough time to prepare... but my idea of vacation isn't shlepping food around anyway!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 2:29 pm
I just went onto the website of dutch wonderland and clicked on food. They write that they have a Kosher mart, I wonder if the food is decent and good hashgacha... but it is good to know there is food there...

imokay

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 7:39 pm
they have one food booth devoted solely to glatt kosher food. it's a bit pricey, but well worth it, b.c u dont have to shlep the food with u.
it's a park geared for small kids- it's a kiddie park in essence. over age 10, the child wud be bored with this park.
when I went, I stayed at the clarion inn and suites across the street so I was easily able to go back to the hotel so my kids cud nap.
the suite was nice b/c it wasnt too expensive and me and my dh were able to have our own private room.
plus they served a complimentry breakfast and many of the items were kosher (cereal, butter, p.b, bagels, coffee, milk, fresh whole fruit)
so food really was a non-issue.
b"h it was a great trip (plus they have great outlets nearby)
:-)

gryp

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 8:15 pm
There is also lots of other kiddie things to do in the area. Lancaster, PA is a great area to go to for a few days with young kids.
The Chabad Shliach there had an open guest house for a while, I'm not sure if he still does though.

frumnurse

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 11:39 pm
The hot food stand's website is www.ourkehilla.com and is under the Star K hashgacha. Check out their menu and prices online. It is run by the jewish community in Lancaster, PA.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics