Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Where do you work (at home or outside)?

My work status is...
SAHM  
 26%  [ 25 ]
work outside the home full time  
 17%  [ 17 ]
work outside the home part time  
 16%  [ 16 ]
work from home  
 26%  [ 25 ]
work outside the home and at home  
 10%  [ 10 ]
currently looking for a job  
 2%  [ 2 ]
other  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 96

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 2:56 pm
just curious where most of the women here work.

I work outside the home, B"H!!!, only twice a week

mimivan

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 3:11 pm
I work from home, but I have one of those jobs which requires childcare (lots of tight deadlines, need total concentration). I used to manage without back in the days when I was working as a part-time freelance writer (did it evenings wee hours of the am...) but since I got hired on someplace, I really need the help. B'h it is stil better than having to commute...but sometimes at home I feel the work is always hanging over my head, unlike at an office, where when it is done it is done!

However, I wouldn't trade...

soldat

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 4:07 pm
I consider myself 3/4 time.
more then part time less then full time.

montrealmommy

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 4:41 pm
work form home and out (I'm in a simcha business, so I go where the simcha takes me!) but overall about3/4 of the time - very weird hours!

amother

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 6:07 pm
I'm a full time mother b'h I think thats work.theres no such thing as a none working mother

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 7:16 pm
amother wrote:
I'm a full time mother b'h I think thats work.theres no such thing as a none working mother

Is it an embarresing thing? Why can't you post under your screen name?

I work pt out of the home and love it. It's a structured week and I have my freedom.

octopus

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 8:08 pm
I'm a sahm.
Might I add I have no help so...
I am the cleaning lady, chef, nanny, teacher, psychologist, baker, and wet nurse! LOL

octopus

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 8:16 pm
I know you working moms do those things too...
just couldn't help it...

Laughing Bag!

Post Sun, Jun 29 2008, 11:44 pm
I work 5 days a week from 9:00-2:00 and b"h love the arrangement (so far)

DoctorMom

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 2:05 am
I work from home, but dont have a set schedule. I work for someone who runs a program in a yeshiva, and the amount of work depends on the day. So it's nice to be at home, but I have to be very flexible as to the working hours.

all in all, I love it. though I'm not embarressed to say that I do miss going into the office a little bit. I used to work full time before the baby was born. now I'm happy to be able to stay home with my daughter and work at the same time, B"H!

cubbie

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 2:09 am
I'm a SAHM - I love it so BH I'm in a situation where it is financially possible, I would hate if I had to go to work and not be 24 hours with my baby, I find it hard enough that my older dd is in gan 1/2 day, but I know it's good for her!

In the kitchen

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 9:32 am
I work full time outside the home...not loving it. But I don't have any children yet so its not at bad as it could be. I just hope that IY"H dh will get a job soon... Confused I don't like to be out of the house.

dewyt

Post Mon, Jun 30 2008, 12:56 pm
I have a home business, so I work from home!

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 12:01 am
work at home part time.

RiVo

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 12:14 am
I work four times a week, outside the home from 10-2. I love the arrangement and I love the work, bh.
Since I am seperated, it's really great for me to work and I thank hashem every day for giving me this wonderful oppurtunity and for providing me with this extra special workplace which I love to wake up for.

shosh

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 1:58 am
I have worked from home ever since my oldest dd was born, 14 and a half years ago, and I have always enjoyed it. For about five years I also worked once or twice a week from an office (until that particular newspaper closed down), and I liked having that time out of the house.

Since I became a single parent about two and a half years ago, I really appreciate the blessing of having a home-based profession. With seven young kids at home, bli ayin hara, I don't know what I'd do if I worked outside, especially with the totally unnecessary two-month summer break that's about to begin!

e1234

Post Tue, Jul 01 2008, 2:29 am
I work from home - full time
has it's challenges as I always feel like I could be working - even non work time and I have to set myself limits but im really happy I don't need to travel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics