Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
When are people going/coming home from the country?
Previous  1  2

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 1:11 am
Didnt grow up frum and didnt know of this concept of going upstate until imamother...
do women not work in the summer at all? what about men?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 1:12 am
amother Navyblue wrote:
Didnt grow up frum and didnt know of this concept of going upstate until imamother...

Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn
Hint: the men stay home and cheat on their wives LOL LOL LOL LOL

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 1:14 am
amother Jade wrote:
Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn
Hint: the men stay home and cheat on their wives LOL LOL LOL LOL

lol, im being serious. I should probably start a new thread
I have one chassidish friend her husband is a rebbe and shes a lifeguard, but im curious about other families that go how they make it work financially. im assuming they're still paying rent on their apartments the months they go up, and what about work etc

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 1:15 am
amother Navyblue wrote:
I have one chassidish friend her husband is a rebbe and shes a lifeguard, but im curious about other families that go how they make it work financially. im assuming they're still paying rent on their apartments the months they go up, and what about work etc

Don't bother starting a thread, it always ends up the same way, by posters that know nothing about the going upstate for the summer lifestyle, & they just like to badmouth others.

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 1:15 am
amother Navyblue wrote:

Only women who don’t work in the summer (anyone employed in school, those who are their own boss, flexible hours) or can work remotely (many do) can go up.

amother
Holly

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 1:22 am
amother Navyblue wrote:

Chassidish or not, as there are all types of jews upstate , during summer: it's simply part of a lifestyle and ppl make it work. Some have to take summer jobs to make it work, others work remotely, or travel for work.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 1:29 am
amother Jade wrote:
Don't bother starting a thread, it always ends up the same way, by posters that know nothing about the going upstate for the summer lifestyle, & they just like to badmouth others.

I didnt mean to offend or badmouth anyone.
I just didnt grow up with this mentality so wanted to understand it a bit more

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 1:58 am
amother Navyblue wrote:
I didnt mean to offend or badmouth anyone.
I just didnt grow up with this mentality so wanted to understand it a bit more

Ever heard of summer vacation? Pesach programs? Yeshiva week? Midwinter Florida?
Every family does whatever works for them and some people do none! There are no blanket rules. Not every woman works in an office 9-5 all year round.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 2:03 am
amother Lightblue wrote:
Ever heard of summer vacation? Pesach programs? Yeshiva week? Midwinter Florida?
Every family does whatever works for them and some people do none! There are no blanket rules. Not every woman works in an office 9-5 all year round.

I grew up going to cool places for 2-3 weeks over the summer but not the whole summer. My mother didnt work and my father owned his own business so he was able to take off and had managers supervising while we went away. Yeshiva week wasnt a thing since I went to public school. Pesach programs I didnt know about until I got to HS and met a few modern orthodox girls from my community when I was becoming frum.

No need to be snarky! I was really just asking curiously. It sounds nice going to a diff location for 2 months and being in nature

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 2:05 am
amother Navyblue wrote:
I grew up going to cool places for 2-3 weeks over the summer but not the whole summer. My mother didnt work and my father owned his own business so he was able to take off and had managers supervising while we went away. Yeshiva week wasnt a thing since I went to public school. Pesach programs I didnt know about until I got to HS and met a few modern orthodox girls from my community when I was becoming frum.

No need to be snarky! I was really just asking curiously. It sounds nice going to a diff location for 2 months and being in nature

I wasn’t trying to be snarky. I was trying to explain that everyone vacations according to their standards, or none at all, and going upstate for the summer is just one of many ideas for those who can afford it.

amother
Sunflower

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 2:46 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
This information is very off. No one goes up the second week of June ever . Usually the earliest anyone goes up is June 25. And the ops question was a very normal question . I have the same one myself .

Some schools are ending earlier this year on June 19th, the second Monday in June and some will go up that week. Technically the third week in June.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 7:57 am
amother Navyblue wrote:

The women either are sahm, work in a school, or work remotely ( I know a lot of women personally that work remotely) the men come up for the weekends generally. Yes it’s very hard to understand if you didn’t grow up with the mentality, but it’s really a nice and enjoyable thing to do if you are able. Most of the crowd is coming from the city where they live in small apartments all year rounds, and love having the outdoor play space for the kids in the summer.

Highstrung

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 8:33 am
amother Holly wrote:
Chassidish or not, as there are all types of jews upstate , during summer: it's simply part of a lifestyle and ppl make it work. Some have to take summer jobs to make it work, others work remotely, or travel for work.

And some people I know (such as female doctors) go up each weekend.

giftedmom

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 10:14 am
Highstrung wrote:

Or they have a practice upstate and charge only cash

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Apr 16 2023, 10:21 am
Highstrung wrote:

My uncle has a summer job upstate, my aunt can't work remotely. She's home for the week and goes upstate for weekends. My mother also had a time when she went only for weekends while my father was upstate all summer. Actually, quite afew women in my parents currently bungalow colony, come up only for weekends.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries